Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I own a Fox F29 Fork with 100mm of travel, since my frame is designed for 80mm max and I do no like the handling with the 100mm, I would like to reduce the travel of the Fox to 80mm.
It is my understanding that the Fox can be reduced from 100mm to 80mm by adding (or removing?) of a plastic spacer.
However, if I have this done, will this only reduce the travel of the fork, or will the effective height be reduced as well?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Yes

omega1848 said:
Hi there,
I own a Fox F29 Fork with 100mm of travel, since my frame is designed for 80mm max and I do no like the handling with the 100mm, I would like to reduce the travel of the Fox to 80mm.
It is my understanding that the Fox can be reduced from 100mm to 80mm by adding (or removing?) of a plastic spacer.
However, if I have this done, will this only reduce the travel of the fork, or will the effective height be reduced as well?
Thanks in advance!
it will be reduced by the change in static travel = 20mm + Sag. If your F29 is a RLC you can slow down the forks travel by advancing your compression. Also Fox sells a 10mm spacer, the spacers are cheap, so you could always try that b4 trying the 20mm reduction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.