Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know if its possible to reduce the travel on a Stance Flow and still keep the travel adjust? So instead of being 120-150mm it would be about 80-110? Or should I just look for a Stance Static and set it at 80mm.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
get a static, or you can reduce your travel, but then you would just have a heavy short travel fork. the static's are sick, I ride one for DH/FR/trail/park/Street. you might not want a 80mm one though. because there is something called a "tire clearence upgrade" that might be on there. mine has it, I have the 100mm version, and I am only getting like 3.2 inches of travel.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Compression rods were off, allowed the crown to smack the tire at full compression. Supposedly Manitou has fitted all new forks with the correct compression rods.

Since you've already got the fork, you may as well just reduce it. If you buy a different fork, you may as well upgrade. Gold Label, Pike, Argyle, 2oo6 Dirt Jumpers, etc. Or buy a Sherman for way cheap (under 200) and reduce the travel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.