Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a bike with this fork (devinci troy xp). I think I may want to go 150 down to 140mm. Unlike older fork where you just move a spacer, it looks like a new shaft kit is required? Can anyone for sure verify this? If so how much is the kit and is it easy?

https://www.sram.com/sites/default/...00004461_rev_a_2014_pike_service_manual_0.pdf

pg 12 of the manual

I see you can add bottomless tokens, but looks that's to reduce air volume only.
RockShox Tech Pills | Pike | Bottomless Tokens - YouTube

thanks!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have a pike on the way for my new Rip 9 (also on the way). I have read of people cutting in half the tokens. As for the air shaft I have considered going to a 130mm if I find the need to reduce travel. I read on here the new shaft runs about $40. My dealer said that price sounds right without looking it up, labor would be about $30. Parts seem very reasonable compared to Fox.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You do indeed need a new air shaft. A year or two ago Rock Shox started using a dimple in the wall of the air chamber to balance the positive/negative spring pressures. This means that the air piston has to rest at the very bottom of the air chamber, and you cannot use travel spacers. It was a while ago I looked up the price, but I think they are about $60-75. About the same as a Fox air shaft if I recall correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts