Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered short shocking their bikes? I currently run a rocky mountain instinct BC edition but moved to a location that has a lot of pedaling and a new bike right now is out of the question.

I am considering purchasing a 210x50 shock and installing the lower pipeline spacer in the 130mm fork (changing from 160/155). I think this should be around 130mm of rear travel. What do you all think?

Will I need to fill the air can with spacers to compensate for the leverage ratio at the end of the stroke? Anything other issues that I can be missing?

Cheers

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,711 Posts
I am currently running the 210x 55 rear DPX2 (140mm) with the ride 9 instinct rocker arm. Local shop had the rocker kicking around, but I think it is ~$120 direct from Rocky. My bike originally was a BC.
That’s how I would go.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am currently running the 210x 55 rear DPX2 (140mm) with the ride 9 instinct rocker arm. Local shop had the rocker kicking around, but I think it is ~$120 direct from Rocky. My bike originally was a BC.
That's how I would go.
I am running a 8.5x2.5 (155mm rear) with the fused BC link. I would like to run the bike in the steepest mode and lighten it up as much as possible. DPX2 would be more shock than I would need at the moment, and the value of a dps is good.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You could also just pump it up, put spacers in and/or increase compression to simulate what you would need with shorter stroke and just use less travel with your current setup to simulate it (both front and rear). Wont help with the weight change from dpx2 to dps however that's pretty minor on a bike like that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.