Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry, but I'm done with my Lefty. I'm putting my flexy Reba on and was wondering whether I should use reducing cups from Cannondale or a Cane Creek reducing headset.

The cups would be cheaper and Cannondale has used both methods on their new bikes. I would think a headset would be best for durability, but if I can get away with reducing cups, that would be good.

Thanks!
(I tried searching, but did not get much so if I missed a thread like this, please give a link :thumbsup: .)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'd recommend the FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1.5R which allows you use a 1 1/8 fork.. My Gemini came stock with the FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1.5 and Sherman 1.5 fork. The FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1.5 & 1.5R use the identical cups but different reducer cap and crown to switch between a 1.5 or 1 1/8 steer tube.

This headset allows you to use a 1.5 fork in the future by just changing external parts.

I use this headset on both my Gemini and Prophet and have switched from a 1.5 to 1 1/8 fork and back again with no problems.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just purchased a Cane Creek Double XC reducer headset specially made for Cannondales. It's build like a tank and looks great, but the problem with these headsets is they are heavy as a brick! Mine weighed in at almost 0.5lbs!!! If you don't mind the weight gain, that's what I'd recommend.

In the mean time, does anyone know of a lighter headset reducer setup for our bikes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.