Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently downgrading my Hightower LT to Hightower spec and have allready bought the original Hightower parts in order to do so. However I still have to manage to reduce my DPX2 from 57mm stroke to 51mm. I have read online that some Fox air dampers can be reduced by simply placing a 6mm spacer on the shaft.

Could anyone tell me where exactly this spacer is placed and what dimensions OD ID this spacer should have? I really dont want to take apart the whole damper or have to pay the $$$ to have it converted.

Thanks for any help!

Greetings from Munich,
Felix

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I am currently downgrading my Hightower LT to Hightower spec and have allready bought the original Hightower parts in order to do so. However I still have to manage to reduce my DPX2 from 57mm stroke to 51mm. I have read online that some Fox air dampers can be reduced by simply placing a 6mm spacer on the shaft.

Could anyone tell me where exactly this spacer is placed and what dimensions OD ID this spacer should have? I really dont want to take apart the whole damper or have to pay the $$$ to have it converted.

Thanks for any help!

Greetings from Munich,
Felix
I wouldn´t bother. Just run the air pressure you need to get the correct amount of sag for a 51mm setup, and you won´t notice the extra travel unless you really f... up and then you´ll be glad you have it. I did this with my Intense Primer when I used it as a XC race bike, and it worked very well. You can also put a volume reducer in there if you find that you use up the 51mm to easilly.

To install the 6mm spacer on the shaft, you have to do a full damper rebuild.

Ole.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.