Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
advice for those who have a fully

I am getting something bike related for my B-day. My wife is willing to buy me a full suspension frame up to around $699, or I could ask for a Monocog 29er. I already have a SSso I could upgrade a few of the parts instantly (bars, stem, cranks, BB, pedals, seat)

everything else looks good on the bike.

advice please, my current SS is a little too small for me, and I would be turing that into a fun little BMX cruiser style bike if I got this Monocog.

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My LBS quoted me $475 but..

Yunkie said:
Where's the price?
im sure the internet spots will be selling it for less, (+ factor in shipping). I'd be jazzed if they just sold the frame n fork combo, like they did w the 26er version. The 26" monocog frame n fork could be had for as little as $200 but that was after the bike had been in production for 3 yrs or so.

man o man, i might be able to justify getting one w the wifey if i get a PT gig at a bike shop, and purchase it at their cost, (given that id probably work for bike parts)...hmm...YEaaa that's it, that's the ticket!

·
AussieLostInNyc
650 Posts
Weight?

Anyone know how heavy these things are? Similar to a surly? Someone told me that the monocog was heavier than a 1 x 1 so figures this could be heavier than a KM.
I want to get a friend on a cheap 29er and he does not have much $$.
I was going to get him to hold out for the complete kona 2-9 build but this looks like a good buy then upgrade to disk with some clearence sale hunting.

·
528 Posts
Color

The Redline web page lists matte green. Maybe it is my monitor but it looks black to me. Any one see one in person or are they not available yet?
gumby said:
Anyone know how heavy these things are? Similar to a surly? Someone told me that the monocog was heavier than a 1 x 1 so figures this could be heavier than a KM.
I want to get a friend on a cheap 29er and he does not have much $$.
I was going to get him to hold out for the complete kona 2-9 build but this looks like a good buy then upgrade to disk with some clearence sale hunting.

·
Registered
136 Posts
135mm rear spacing

Website lists a 135mm rear spacing. If so, good to see the Redline move up to this standard. One listing on the full spec says " 130mm old rear". What does this mean. Is it truely 130mm instead of 135??

·
Is it play time yet?
331 Posts
Sweet!!! This may do it for me. I've been lurking for a built KM, but this is going to be even cheaper!

Any idea on release date? The GA SS Champs are in late March and I'd sure like to ride it with big wheels.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
March is what the company has said from the beginning and keeps expecting. No bike product ever reached the market earlier than the brand itself expected.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Monocog 29"

Redline here.. When somebody clicks on the "Full Specs" link on the Monocog 29 page of our website, a page comes up showing specs for our Disc Brake road bike. If you look at the very bottom of the page, you'll see tabs of our different models. Click on the Monocog 29 tab for accurate specs. Sorry for any confusion....

Some of the posts above are showings inacurate specs for this model.
Wheel = Alex DH-19 Rims, Stainless spokes, Redline (Formula) Sealed bearing - disc compatible hubs (135mm rear OLD).
Weight = 27lbs (MSRP US$450-470) I'm working on lighter tube set for a "Flight" version of this model for 07..

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
Redline Bicycles said:
Redline here.. When somebody clicks on the "Full Specs" link on the Monocog 29 page of our website, a page comes up showing specs for our Disc Brake road bike. If you look at the very bottom of the page, you'll see tabs of our different models. Click on the Monocog 29 tab for accurate specs. Sorry for any confusion....

Some of the posts above are showings inacurate specs for this model.
Wheel = Alex DH-19 Rims, Stainless spokes, Redline (Formula) Sealed bearing - disc compatible hubs (135mm rear OLD).
Weight = 27lbs (MSRP US$450-470) I'm working on lighter tube set for a "Flight" version of this model for 07..
thanks for joining the board and giving us infor straight from the mouth! Now, how about those actual availability dates...be prepared to sell out of your first run pretty quickly too!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.