Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Avenue C. Posse
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks boys and girls........I appreciate it. Hopefully I will scoop it up tomorrow. Going to spend the extra cash that I would have spent on a new one and get some disc brakes, ergons and a laid back seat. It's one of the brown one's and I kinda dig that color....may even add some pink brake lines.... :) my girl would dig that!

·
Registered
820 Posts
You oughta be fine on a 19". I'm 6ft even, ride a 17"er D440 (same frame, only with vertical dropouts). It fits fine, but I did have to go to a 400mm seatpost. Ergons, Brooks B17, disc brakes, you'll be sittin' pretty.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Diggin this one up from the past.

I am looking at going with either a monocog or D440. I am 6'1 but I have a rather large inseam at 34.25" sort of curious to see what you guys would recommend. I dont have a physical frame to go on, but it seems like I am in between a 19 and a 21. I made the mistake in the past of going just a hair too small on a frame and I really dont want to do it again as it made rides miserable after a time. I also ride pavement most of the time so I am thinking about trying a 21".. any thoughts?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Helmsdini said:
Diggin this one up from the past.

I am looking at going with either a monocog or D440. I am 6'1 but I have a rather large inseam at 34.25" sort of curious to see what you guys would recommend. I dont have a physical frame to go on, but it seems like I am in between a 19 and a 21. I made the mistake in the past of going just a hair too small on a frame and I really dont want to do it again as it made rides miserable after a time. I also ride pavement most of the time so I am thinking about trying a 21".. any thoughts?
Stand over on the 21" MC is 33", which might be cutting it a bit close. Look at the geometry table on Redline's website. It shows the measurements of the D440 vs the MC are slightly smaller-particularly the TT. You might get away with a 21"D440, but I think you'd be pushing it with the MC.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I know it might be tough to find another 21 Redline around, but my buddy bought a D660 and the standover was way too close for comfort for my ~33-inch inseam. The 19 would probably work best. (I'm 6'1 riding a 17... a lot of seatpost showing. I'd prefer a 19, but the 17 is fine now with stem changes, etc)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.