Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to purcahse a redline monocog 29er but am unsure what size to get. I'm 5'9" and 200 lbs with a 30 inch inseam. I usually ride medium frames but am unsure how the 29ers fit. I am thinking of a 15" or 17" frame. any thoughts from people with these bikes would really be appreciated.
thanks,
wax

·
Registered
286 Posts
I went with the 15"

I stood over a 17" at a local shop. There wasn't much standing over it if you get my drift. I did clear but I thought a smaller frame might handle better for me too.
So I ordered a 15". I'm very happy with it. I don't think I'll be changing the geometry at all. I want a different seat, disc brake, etc. I will be easy to buy for this Christmas! :thumbsup:

5'8" 175lb 30"or so inseam

I hope this helps,
FlynG

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm 5-10, 32" inseam. I went with a 17" frame. The tt was slightly longer (23.7") than the bikes I usually ride (23"), but the fit feels good. I may get a shorter stem to quicken the steering a bit. Also, I got a seatpost with no offset.

·
Surly OG
977 Posts
I ride a Med BlurLT w/ a 90mm thompson stem, am 5-9 180 - and I recently purchased a MC29er - 15" and it fits perfectly all I did was flip the stem, change pedals. The set up stock is very well suited to my style of SS'ing. Epic long rides in the Santa Cruz area.

The LameCreek H/S was bad out of the box - but a Diabalous DH steel HS is going in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.