Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the Redline frames are chromoly, while the flight versions are marketed as having Sanko chromoly tubing. Obviously there is a price difference, even when you take in to account the upgraded parts. I've looked at both and didn't notice much of a weight difference. My question is, can you tell the difference? Is there a change in ride quality between the two frames?

·
US Army Vet-Airborne 11B
2,033 Posts
besides the price,i think ones from china,the other japan,and there's prolly a diffrence in ride.speakin purely from a spectator standpoint...mine predates the release of the flyte model (both the alluminum,and senko steel one:) )

·
Ain't afraid of no ghosts
309 Posts
longhaultrucker said:
besides the price,i think ones from china,the other japan,and there's prolly a diffrence in ride.speakin purely from a spectator standpoint...mine predates the release of the flyte model (both the alluminum,and senko steel one:) )
Same here! 2003 'cog...she's now my commuter.

I remember riding their BMX bikes back in the 90's....good stuff.

·
You know, for kids
1,570 Posts
the Flight frames (MonoCog, Mono9, and D460) are sweet Japanese double butted steel while the regular MonoCog and D440 are somewhat less sweet Chinese single butted steel

I've ridden both frames and like the way both ride, but the Flight frame is a little lighter and better when it comes to material and quality.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have one of the original red monocogs and I will tell you the non-flight regular frame is very heavy, and the fork for that matter, I'm sure the flight sanko tubed version should be more then just a little lighter. I changed the light version of the tripple butted P2 kona fork and saved at least 1/2 # and further livened the handeling, since the a-c is noticibly shorter, big tires will still fit though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts