Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pics from todays ride, had an awesome time, im definitley tired as hell ... for reasons you will see later in this thread

chillin at safeway

meetup at parking lot

just roadin it

my trek

29erchico

headshok_1

trails

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
so on the way home this shaking kept getting louder and louder so we pulled over to investigate

throwin the donut on NORTH OF RED BLUFF!

then i get back to chico and realise i left the front wheel of my bike on the side of the freeway when i unpaked the trunk to bust out the spare. Not wanting to drive back on the donut i got one of my studded tires out of the shed

left town

damn train holdin me up

sometimes the lord smiles upon you

what time i got to the rim

woulda cracked it open to celebrate in the car but it wouldnt fit in the cupholder

heres what i think of dunlop tires

what time i got home (yes i stopped to get cheap gas in corning again on the way home)

awesome riding with you guys

29erchico is a coo cat, knows a little bit about pretty much everything which is great, was awesome to finally meet yo
loki is hella fast on that rigid
and damn angelo can decend awesome on that specilzed runnin ss .... definitley very impressed with your skills my friend
and headshok_1 is just the man for coming with us after pulling 10 miles on his own before joining our group

..... lemme know when yall ride again or when yall need a tour of chico

·
Super Moderator
20,807 Posts
Seems like a great ride....

You are really lucky that the wheel was still there and in good condition :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Nice post Melt. I'm looking to hit this area on the way up to Mt Bike Oregon this August if not sooner. Hopefully get a guided tour from some of the locals like you did. Cheers.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bring your a game if you have loki and angelo guide the tour, those guys are ****in FAST and awesome climbers.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Thats crazy about your wheel

When I first was reading it, I thought to myself, "dang that sucks, we had just talked about how expensive that front wheel was" Then I saw that you drove back and found it. Totally cool. :thumbsup:

It does suck that you had to be driving around that late at night. I was pretty exhausted by that time.

It was nice meeting you and Marshal. We will for sure make our way down there some time soon. And you guys will always have someone to ride with up here, there is plenty of more singletrack to be had.

Nate

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea it was 120 miles round trip to go back and get it .... and $9 in gas but that beats the hell out of a new rim .... and i know im down to come up again in the near future .... we definitley gotta hit that dh stuff you guys were talking about too ashland sounds awesome

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont know what i did ..... maybe its all that bmxin to school which is almost like road biking but not as gay (cause only about 6 blocks is actually on the road, rest is all dirt trail)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Melt said:
i dont know what i did ..... maybe its all that bmxin to school which is almost like road biking but not as gay (cause only about 6 blocks is actually on the road, rest is all dirt trail)
Dude you are such a dork it is painful. Maybe if you just kept your mouth shut about "roadies" and just posted nice pics like you did and enjoyed the riding people would take you somewhat seriously. By the way. how many times do we need to see your Acura? WOW an Acura, that's HOTT!!

Grow up

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dunno man i think coming in this thread just to talk ish is MUCH more pitiful than my picture taking style or my opinions about road biking ... i suggest it is you who needs to grow up .... as far as my car goes, knocking it cause yours is a pos? Jealously is an evil mistress.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Melt said:
i dunno man i think coming in this thread just to talk ish is MUCH more pitiful than my picture taking style or my opinions about road biking ... i suggest it is you who needs to grow up .... as far as my car goes, knocking it cause yours is a pos? Jealously is an evil mistress.
Dude stop, seriously. I guarantee you more people than not are annoyed with your sh*t talking roadie, CHP, etc etc crap. Being a "Yo" is PLAYED OUT.

Again, you take nice MTB pics, leave it at that. Why do you have to remind everyone at the end of your thread how immature you are? I don't mean to hijack your thread, and it would have been a cool thread on what looks like a fun ride, till you chimed in with your "gay" roadie comment.
BTW I don't even own a road bike.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You should give the guy a break

Shwaa said:
Dude stop, seriously. I guarantee you more people than not are annoyed with your sh*t talking roadie, CHP, etc etc crap. Being a "Yo" is PLAYED OUT.

Again, you take nice MTB pics, leave it at that. Why do you have to remind everyone at the end of your thread how immature you are? I don't mean to hijack your thread, and it would have been a cool thread on what looks like a fun ride, till you chimed in with your "gay" roadie comment.
BTW I don't even own a road bike.
True he comes across as a college aged dude, thats got a tude. Because thats what he is. But bashing people just because you don't like, or get, there posts isn't nice. Melt is seriously a great guy, as I am sure you are. Lets all be a little more tolerant, and enjoy the nice pictures. BTW they really don't do it justice. Also I love the fact that none are on the downhills because we where having way to much fun.

Oh, and Melt, I'll for sure let you know when we are going to head up to Ashland, I've got all your contact info.

Nate

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
This picture sums up the stupidity that is melt...

Loki said:
True he comes across as a college aged dude,

Nate
That is a compliment, referring to Melt as a "college aged dude." I would have guessed junior high school at best. I just wish CHP was knocking on that window when the pic was taken...

Attachments

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
#1 wow you're dense. Last time i checked junior high school kids weren't old enough to drive cars. My birthdate is also clearly shown in my profile, since you guys who knock me all the time seem to always dig through old posts and threads, yet arent smart enough to check that, and also dont grasp the concept of IMAGE LINKING so you waste MTBR bandwidth by reuploading the same picture thats already here.
#2 car was parked when that picture was taken
#3 maybe you have problems seeing, but if you look very closely you can see that the cap is on

and CHP wouldn't be seeing into the window anyhow at night because its tinted.

same advice i gave to shwaa goes for you to gobike http://forums.mtbr.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=244120

its funny how one guy starts ish then here you are adding fuel to the fire. GTFO

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
I would ignore you Melt

but you're posts are so funny and idiotic that they are amusing... Keep em' coming. Call me sadistic, but I get quite the entertainment from your posts, Mr. Channel Plunge...:thumbsup:

·
Bomber
982 Posts
Not posting this to get any response, but this is one reason why some people don't bother posting on mtbr.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts