Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just registered to mtbr...and I know next to nothing about mountain biking. I know more than the average joe..well lemme get to my question. I want some pimpin red tires for my trek. I wanted to know, is there anything special about red tires? Are they a different compound? And if there's anything else I should know about them...If I should or shouldn't get them for some reason...cue me in.

Oh yea, I've been searching around and I can't find any...if anyone knows of a place, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks
~ZONK (haha...such a funny name...)

· Registered
1,618 Posts
They are both very good tyres. The Panaracer Fire XC is a classic XC tyre, while the Michelin Hot S is a more aggressive XC/light freeride tyre. The Michelin has a higher air volume (especially in 2.5" width) and will therefore provide a softer ride. However the Panaracer will roll faster. The best one for you will depend on your type of riding.

Most importantly though, they are both red! The colouring doesn't affect the compound at all on any tyres - it's purely cosmetic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.