1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
wow those are massive, never heard of the company before this. they are sick looking though

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Red Bull said:
Whats the point? They dont even look that good.
What picture you looking at ? The one with a Hayes 8" on top of the RR ?

Less fade and more power . Whats not to like ? Frame cleareance issues for my bike as a 8" is max.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
well it looks like it would overheat on long runs but the bigger circumference would disapate the heat better....then you get to the point where how much brake before you skid (braking versus loss of traction)

still hate to get "bitten" by one of those

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Prechrysler said:
Wouldn't want to get any body parts stuck in those.
you do not want to get any body parts stuck in any disc brake, trust me i have expierence on my thumbs, on one thumb i cut up bad then another i had to get 8 stiches cuzz it cut down to the bone not fun at all

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they are offered in a 9 inch (for the front) and 8 inch (for the back to adress any compatibility questions) combo pack

i know i want em lol shipping would be a bizzatch from ireland though,...

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
If you are gonna spring for new rotors, why not get floating rotors? 9 inches seems pretty unneccessary to me. Hope 2 piece rotors are sick. I'm unsure of their compatability with whatever brakes you have.
on the floating rotors is there less drag?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
DanD said:
ya, its basically all about looks when it comes to my purchasing decisions...
Not at all. Why do you need a larger than 8' rotor? I have no problems with overheating running both hfx nines and el caminos. I could see buying them if you had a problem and if they looked better than they did, but for me they do neither, so whats the point?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Red Bull said:
Not at all. Why do you need a larger than 8' rotor? I have no problems with overheating running both hfx nines and el caminos. I could see buying them if you had a problem and if they looked better than they did, but for me they do neither, so whats the point?
I agree....if Hayes 8" Mags can stop my butt...and we ride the steeps out here......... than why go bigger

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.