Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
I got it on my calendar, but if I'm out late drinking wed. night...well you know. So don't wait on me.

Blue Heckler, white topaz, ugly mug.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
rweddy1 said:
It actually has a very roomy trunk! :cool:
And gets great gas mileage. :eek:
So what looks like an old beat up Subaru wagon is really a Ferarri? I can understand that: being seen driving a Ferarri would seem way too pretentious for the losers in this group. :eek:

...That's why my rig is actually an H1 disguised as a pansy-ass CR-V.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Edderd said:
So what looks like an old beat up Subaru wagon is really a Ferarri? I can understand that: being seen driving a Ferarri would seem way too pretentious for the losers in this group. :eek:

...That's why my rig is actually an H1 disguised as a pansy-ass CR-V.
You need to get one of those bumper stickers that says " Half a Hummer" :)

See you in the morning.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Proposed ride "route" for Thursday AM ride.

Wow, sounds like we'll have a large group.

Though ya'll can ride however ya'll like, I'll propose a route so anyone who is a bit late will have some idea of where the pack will be. Apologies to anyone who knows all about Deer Creek already and thinks I'm getting all "Cruise Director". I'm pretty sure there's at least one guy riding who's never been there though.

Proposed Route: Red Mesa Loop/Plymouth Mt loop figure 8.
My preference when riding Deer Creek is to ride up the main trail all the way to where it forks to the left heading up Plymouth Mt. Loop and to the right heading to Red Mesa Loop. Go right here till you get to the "Red Mesa Loop" sign. I generally ride Red Mesa Loop clockwise, and it seems to me most other folks do too which reduces the chance of a collision at high speed. Sometimes I'll do more than one loop if I have time.

Once back at the sign, it's back down the main trail and if there's time and energy go straight up the Plymouth Mt. Loop trail. This is a steep but smooth climb that levels out after about 5 minutes of brutal cranking. Then it's a sweet dowhill through the trees with a few switchbacks that empties back into the main trail.

Then it's all downhill back to the lot.

Beware of "The Wall"

Ed

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's the route I usually ride as well, so it's all good with me. One of the cool aspects of DC is that regardless of which route you choose, it's always good.

Yeah, "Beware The Wall" is right, now that the good climbing line (at least for me) is gone. I was there Monday night and saw that staircase eyesore. I wonder if they'll put in an escalator and a Starbucks next?

Nice avatar, Edderd, those were The Daze!

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Edderd said:
Wow, sounds like we'll have a large group.

Though ya'll can ride however ya'll like, I'll propose a route so anyone who is a bit late will have some idea of where the pack will be. Apologies to anyone who knows all about Deer Creek already and thinks I'm getting all "Cruise Director". I'm pretty sure there's at least one guy riding who's never been there though.

Proposed Route: Red Mesa Loop/Plymouth Mt loop figure 8.
My preference when riding Deer Creek is to ride up the main trail all the way to where it forks to the left heading up Plymouth Mt. Loop and to the right heading to Red Mesa Loop. Go right here till you get to the "Red Mesa Loop" sign. I generally ride Red Mesa Loop clockwise, and it seems to me most other folks do too which reduces the chance of a collision at high speed. Sometimes I'll do more than one loop if I have time.

Once back at the sign, it's back down the main trail and if there's time and energy go straight up the Plymouth Mt. Loop trail. This is a steep but smooth climb that levels out after about 5 minutes of brutal cranking. Then it's a sweet dowhill through the trees with a few switchbacks that empties back into the main trail.

Then it's all downhill back to the lot.

Beware of "The Wall"

Ed
The designated course sounds good. Can you please tell me where the "Wall" is along this trail thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
snowskilz said:
Can you please tell me where the "Wall" is along this trail thanks!
You'll know it when you see it
:D

It's on the main trail just past a bridge. Maybe 15 or 20 minutes into the ride. (YMMV)

I'll personally buy a case of (insert fine ale here) to the first guy who can clean it on the first try*

*Case of beer limited to $25 US. What's a case cost these days?
"clean" means on the way up, no stopping, no putting foot down.
not using stairs
I have to see it with my own eyes.
etc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have cleaned it on occasion, but only before the new installation by JeffCo. Nevertheless, I'll have a go, but you have to drink 'em with me if I make it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DashRipRock said:
I have cleaned it on occasion, but only before the new installation by JeffCo. Nevertheless, I'll have a go, but you have to drink 'em with me if I make it!
Have you? Then I hope to see you either clean it or hack up the rest of that nasty lung butter you were saying was keeping you down...

...or both I guess!

Anyway, mere mortals like me can only dream about being able to clean it. But drinking a case of beer with someone who can would certainly be a brush with greatness. Akin maybe to BACKSTAGE PASSES to a YANNI concert...

( Ok, enough milage from that I guess )

Mañana

·
Registered
100 Posts
Edderd said:
Though ya'll can ride however ya'll like, I'll propose a route so anyone who is a bit late will have some idea of where the pack will be. Apologies to anyone who knows all about Deer Creek already and thinks I'm getting all "Cruise Director". I'm pretty sure there's at least one guy riding who's never been there though. ....................................

Ed
Yep that is the way I like to run it!!

Cruise Director - will there be bingo on the Scenic Overlook at 7:45 am?

BTW DashRipRock, I will help you drink them but not at 6:30am!! :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.