Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
born again
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode this loop yesterday from the Devil's Gulch trailhead. Conditions were excellent with dry and smooth being the norm. Next time I'll bring my hardtail on this ride. I went up Red Hill to snowline at 4600' about .25 mile shy of Tronsen ridge as an out and back where I got a good view of Mission Ridge / Devil's Gulch which looks snowfree to the 4400' saddle. Upper Mission Ridge still has snow. Needless to say the descent down Red Hill to the Gulch was fantastic!

You must do this loop from the Gulch trailhead currently as the Sand Creek Road is closed due to logging activities and there is no trail access from here. I think doing the loop from the Gulch trailhead is the way to do the loop anyway...

Attachments

·
born again
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Borneo said:
Looks great Brian.

I'll be up for several big rides this summer.(I've got a few to get to, as you know.)
But, Moab beckons first...
Yes, it was a great ride. Those trails are in amazing shape for being motorcycle trails. We truly are blessed with an abundance of awesome 'big' rides around here. Speaking of such rides....

When are you thinking about doing Pyramid and Duncan? I want to do them both again this season on a weekend campout deal. Drive over Friday night, Pyramid saturday and Duncan sunday. This year I am thinking of doing the rides in late June or early July for a couple of reasons. The Entiat Ranger said the flowers up on Pyramid are awesome then. This will hopefully be before any chance of fire closures (which happened last season). The problem with Pyramid in late September to catch the larches is the days are pretty short. This year I'll be doing the Cooney Lake / Horsehead Pass ride as my larch ride. LMK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Info, But Please

Thanks for the Trail Update!

I wish I had known that yesterday, I am a Spokane guy and called the Leavenworth ranger district to see what condition the trails were in, They didn't think anyone had been riding them but if I did would I please give them a call and give them a trail update.

I do this regularly with early season rides so that when people call the trail maintainers they ensure they don't make a wasted trip. I have never been there before and erred on the side of caution and rode localy instead..if you get a chance give the ranger station a call and give 'em a quick trail update..it helps alot of your fellow Mtbikers.

Thanks again for the update..can't wait to ride it

Leavenworth Ranger District (maintains devils gulch trails)
600 Sherbourne Street
Leavenworth WA. 98826

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.