Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the Minnesota regional forum, but just realized some peeps on this forum might be interested in it too! So here ya go! Post any questions you may have I'll answer them the best I can!
Thanks!
Buck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red Bull Ride The Sky 2007!!!
Red Bull Ride the Sky 2007!
Monday, Feb. 26th, 2007

It's back! A follow up to last years Red Bull SkyRide, the first ever bike race through a skyway system!

50 riders will once again have the chance to race in the skyway system of our state's capital. This years course will be starting in the Lowry Building and end in the grandeur of the Union Depot on the opposite side of downtown. For those of you that don't know downtown St. Paul that means the course is all downhill!!! (w00t!) Along with a few special surprises along the way this years course will be an exciting race for the 50 invited riders!!!

To throw your name in the hat for this years race promising more twist, turns, steps, and berms then last year send the following...

• Full name and age
• Personal contact information: address, e-mail, phone #
• Race/event resume
• Tell us why you should Ride The Sky in 25 words or less.
• Including some cool pictures to wow us with wouldn't hurt either.

…to [email protected] Applications will not be accepted anywhere else. Applications missing any information will not be considered.

***This is not a spectator friendly event and will be a closed course.***

Thanks!
Buck
Race Director

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thrillseeker said:
Gaps to step trannys? Step ups to cafeteria tables? Wall rides? Railing gaps? Heehee!
Lets remember where this is, in a hallway surrounded by glass. There is some really cool and fun stuff but don't expect boneyard inside! :D
Thanks!
Buck

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
Yeah, I know. Just playin.
Man...that sounds like a LOT of pedaling. It also sucks having several bikes to choose from, Always second guessing your weapon of choice... stiffy or fully...stiffy or fully...steps...sprinting...

Hey, can you either put me in touch with whoever sets up these oddball events or contact them for me or something? I've got an idea for a race that is DEF Redbull worthy, and needs their talent for big, one-off events. This one requires a floatation device and sticky rubber...

·
Registered
17 Posts
thrillseeker said:
Yeah, I know. Just playin.
Man...that sounds like a LOT of pedaling. It also sucks having several bikes to choose from, Always second guessing your weapon of choice... stiffy or fully...stiffy or fully...steps...sprinting...

Hey, can you either put me in touch with whoever sets up these oddball events or contact them for me or something? I've got an idea for a race that is DEF Redbull worthy, and needs their talent for big, one-off events. This one requires a floatation device and sticky rubber...
Yea, I'ld rather ride outside in the cold.......

What's your race idea?

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
I've already contacted my Redbull rep(thanks Buck!) and we've started bangin heads. You'll know what the events are when you enter to compete in them.
And I'm pretty sure "riding outside in the cold" doesn't really compare to being involved in such a unique and rare opportunity as what Redbull with this event. Let's see... snow, ice and generally sh!tty riding conditions like we usually have every winter, or hallways, stairsteps, and waxed floors that only 50 lucky riders will get the chance to ride their bikes on? Yeah, i'd take the frozen snow too... whatever.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thrillseeker said:
I've already contacted my Redbull rep(thanks Buck!) and we've started bangin heads. You'll know what the events are when you enter to compete in them.
And I'm pretty sure "riding outside in the cold" doesn't really compare to being involved in such a unique and rare opportunity as what Redbull with this event. Let's see... snow, ice and generally sh!tty riding conditions like we usually have every winter, or hallways, stairsteps, and waxed floors that only 50 lucky riders will get the chance to ride their bikes on? Yeah, i'd take the frozen snow too... whatever.
It's going to be a real live version of Tony Hawk Pro Skater...but in an office building. Who hasn't walked within the wall of a building and thought....it would be awesome to race down this hall and gap those stairs and drop off that wall?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mountainbike.exe said:
It's going to be a real live version of Tony Hawk Pro Skater...but in an office building. Who hasn't walked within the wall of a building and thought....it would be awesome to race down this hall and gap those stairs and drop off that wall?
It's an event i created last year. Red Bull stepped up and helped to make it happen. The first one took 13 months to pull together, this years we started planning last year, hahaah if that makes sense!

www.redbullusa.com/skyride

This year I get to bring it back one last time how I wanted it last year. First event of its kind event any where.

werd
Buck

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nice one Chad! I like the car noises in the back ground music!

BTW - What happened on top of the box? Didja stop for a snack? Hahaha just kidding!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
A few shots that the wife took:

Here's Chad looking for a place to spend his quarter. :D

Here's Cody. Our "practice run" consisted of riding the course backwards from finish to start.

And me. Pointing at where I'm gonna puke...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.