Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm with you Rocky. I just put some new red ODI Yeti lock-ons on my bike last week. I don't understand why all grips aren't lockons really. They are just so easy compared to the friction type grip. I put them on while I upgraded my shifters from Deore to SLX. Big improvement.
Of course there's not a lot of red other than Race Face and Marzocchi decals, as well as the red ano compression/lockout lever on the fork, but I think it makes for a good combo.
Bicycle accessory Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Bicycle fork

Tire Mode of transport Bicycle wheel rim Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
117 Posts
saw a set at a lbs last week. they are gorgeous. i couldn't pull the trigger on such beauty for a high wear area. too much scuffing, scraping and dings and i'd be crying. LOL

one thing, if these are limited editions just released for this year, how come it's marked as 2008 in the UK? and it's been on the site for a few months i think.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=32200

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, it might seem plain crazy, taking a brand new frame from one of these...

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Wheel

and taking it to Dekerf Bikes to have it painted like this...

Bicycle frame Red White Line Font

I imagine that's likely cost me frame warranty coverage, but it's been the paint job that has been floating around in my head since I saw the carbon frame. The 50RSL frames were available before the 70RSL, and it didn't matter since the paint was coming off anyway. The black is all exposed clear coated carbon. :D

Red, white, maple leaves and carbon. I am a happy guy. Turns out the Dekerf guys wet painted the Element/Vertex Team scandium frames up to 2005 so they were quite familiar with the masking I was after. :thumbsup: Rather than the metallic candy red from the Team frames, I had them paint it with the official Canadian flag red to let the carbon be all the bling. :D

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flat Ark said:
That is freakin sweeeeeeeeeeet!:thumbsup: What are those frames retailing for or are they even available as a frame only.
The 50/70RSL frame could be ordered as a frame only, but the LBS had to place a booking order last fall before frame production started. The 50RSL frame is only a wee bit cheaper than the Vertex Team frame-only. Until you have it custom painted... :rolleyes: then the word cheap needs to be abandoned in all subsequent conversations. :D

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It looks good with the Magura fork and red Marta SL's.

My black Durin should be back soon from the fork arch recall so I can assemble the bike. I'm still contemplating moving the red Marta SL's over from my Vertex Team but it may be too much. :D

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.