Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Thanks for the link.

Does it appear that he removed the old cover first? I'm wondering, if there are any gouges in the saddle, will these be filled, or will there be an indentation where the gouge used to be?

fp

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Couple more Q's

How does the stuff compare to a leather cover?

I've got a few I want to recover but have not found the time to attempt the process myself, and the $16 sounds like a good deal... but I don't know if I want to give up the leather covers.

Or does anyone have a link to someone who does the same with leather?

JmZ

Finch Platte said:
Thanks for the link.

Does it appear that he removed the old cover first? I'm wondering, if there are any gouges in the saddle, will these be filled, or will there be an indentation where the gouge used to be?

fp

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about the late reply.

I had removed the cover myself in preparation for my own attempt at covering but then decided to send it in.

He will remove the old cover, and is pretty dependant on the old foam being in decent shape. I smoothed mine and did a bit of reshaping with coarse sandpaper.

What is the material like? It aint leather, it is a bit similar to microfiber so is a bit fuzzy. I suspect it may be a bit more fragile than the original leather. For 16 bucks I have a useable saddle so I'm not complaining too much.

just send one of your saddles in to see if you like his work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.