Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is any recommendations for which headset I should get with my HD now that people have had them for a bit? I have a medium HD on the way with a FOX Talas 160 with tapered steer tube (1 1/8- 1.5"). Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Kenny Holding said:
Just wondering if there is any recommendations for which headset I should get with my HD now that people have had them for a bit? I have a medium HD on the way with a FOX Talas 160 with tapered steer tube (1 1/8- 1.5"). Any help is appreciated.
The standard headset that Ibis offers is nice - Cane Creek ZS-3 1 1/8" Internal (Top) and XXII 1.5" Traditional (Bottom) - but if you want some extra bling (along with ultra high quality) you can go with the CC 110. you can check it here: http://www.ibiscycles.com/mountain/mojohd/pricing/

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I use the CC 110 on my SL and the CK on my Specialized Pitch. After years on CK alone, as they have proven quality, for me CC was never really quite a match for CK or Hope, they had good headsets, but not CK good. Now the CC110 is every bit as good as the CK, the work on the headset is amazing, and it's super smooth and precise. Actually, there's not a lot to say about headsets, you can only tell they are good when they last long enough to make you forget they exist.

Thing is CK is more like Fox, they only make top models. CC is like RockShox, they have the top stuff, but they have lower options too. As for the cheaper parts, sometimes people tend to base the quality of the brand based on them, since they tend to be more common. So brands like CK and Fox get this mythical appeal since they only make top stuff, but at a cost, of course. But like RS, which has budget forks and top-end forks, CK now have a top end line of headsets.

The CK is a no brainer. So is Hope. Now, CC is in for it. Guess you can't go wrong picking any of these 3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.