Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have 03 Marz DJ3 (6.88 pounds) that is heavy and I never liked the feel. Thinking of upgrading fork - ride agressive XC/lite freeride, hope to see 5' drop to flat this year. Any recommendations - thinking $300 range. Some ideas for leftover 2005s in my range:
- Manitou Sherman Flick Plus or Firefly Plus
- Marz Z1 FR3 or All Mountain 3

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
benoksanen said:
Currently have 03 Marz DJ3 (6.88 pounds) that is heavy and I never liked the feel. Thinking of upgrading fork - ride agressive XC/lite freeride, hope to see 5' drop to flat this year. Any recommendations - thinking $300 range. Some ideas for leftover 2005s in my range:
- Manitou Sherman Flick Plus or Firefly Plus
- Marz Z1 FR3 or All Mountain 3
Sherman - yup, just decide if you want SPV (Firefly plus) or TPC (Flick).
Any Marz fork ending with "3" isn't worth upgrading to from your DJ3. Look for a deal on a Z1 FR. Even the '04 Z150-Z150SL are great forks and can be found fairly cheap.
Pike? From what I hear, this would be a good choice and can be had around $300.

Any of those forks would work a lot better than your current fork. Since you plan to drop 5' to flat, you should stick with 20mm TA forks too.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Look for a Fox Vanilla 130, Price point was selling leftover 05's for $325 or so. Great fork I run one on my 03 s-works enduro and love it. I picked up another one for my P2 also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.