Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Hoping someone might be able to help me with a good destination in upstate New York... I'm looking for somewhere with enough interesting cross-country trails to warrant a three-day stay (not just a lot of "fire roads" please), maybe with camping or reasonably-priced lodging nearby (within riding distance?). Some good hiking trails would be a plus too.

Send me an email or reply herer if you can help.

Thanks a lot!
Doug

·
Registered
497 Posts
The Finger Lakes region might be a good bet. If you get BIKE mag or know somebody who does, flip through this past years issues (around April issue). One of them had a bunch of info (the cover will say it). That's all I got.

·
They turned me loose
384 Posts
FIngerlakes RegionGood

Shindhagin Hollow in Brooktondale (10 minutes outside of Ithaca) Stop at the bike rack in college town, they have maps. Highland forest in Tully is pretty decent, take 81 north out of Cortland or south out of Syracuse, about a 45 minute drive from Ithaca. Hammond Hill State forest, novice riding but fun all the same, nice climb to the radio tower with sweet bermed out decent back down, take Rt. 13 north out of Ithaca towards Dryden, Take a left on Irish Settlement Rd. Can't miss it. Fingerlakes National Forest, about 15 minutes outside of Trumansburg, Probably ahh, 35 outside of Ithaca. Can't give specifics on getting there but it's mainly doubletrack on a HUGE parcelled out grazing area. Very open and windy but very unique place....watch out for Horses and SMB. All these are searchable on the web, and reviewed here somewhere I thing......spring = mud, but it's the Northeast. Shoot me an email if you have any questions. Lots of stuff to do in this area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts