Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - I'm new to the CT boards. I picked up MTB while at college in MA, and now I'm graduated and looking for a job, so I'm stuck living back with my 'rents in Shelton. A buddy of mine will be visiting tomorrow (4/11) and I told him to bring his bike.

Now, where can we ride? Trumbull is a pretty short drive, but I've never been there, so I don't know if the trails are dry/ready/whatever enough for riding. I've heard good things, but I'm not going to wreck the trails on you guys. If not Trumbull, where's a good place for riding at the moment?

We are looking for some moderate terrain (singletrack/trail riding, with maybe a few small drops here and there). Hills are ok, both up and down, but it will be my first ride of the season, so don't kill me with climbs!

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
758 Posts
jiker said:
Hey - I'm new to the CT boards. I picked up MTB while at college in MA, and now I'm graduated and looking for a job, so I'm stuck living back with my 'rents in Shelton. A buddy of mine will be visiting tomorrow (4/11) and I told him to bring his bike.

Now, where can we ride? Trumbull is a pretty short drive, but I've never been there, so I don't know if the trails are dry/ready/whatever enough for riding. I've heard good things, but I'm not going to wreck the trails on you guys. If not Trumbull, where's a good place for riding at the moment?

We are looking for some moderate terrain (singletrack/trail riding, with maybe a few small drops here and there). Hills are ok, both up and down, but it will be my first ride of the season, so don't kill me with climbs!

Thanks for the help.
The perfect place for you is shelton trails http://borntoexplore.org/trails/ park at he reservoir on nells rock road, look for some hidden freeride along the way.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
calvinator said:
The perfect place for you is shelton trails http://borntoexplore.org/trails/ park at he reservoir on nells rock road, look for some hidden freeride along the way.
Nice.. thanks for the tip! I'll definitely check it out. The link said it was only a .7mile loop though, perfect for a quick ride, but at the moment I'm looking for a longer one. Any more spots in the area?

·
Registered
758 Posts
.7 miles? which trail section was that?

jiker said:
Nice.. thanks for the tip! I'll definitely check it out. The link said it was only a .7mile loop though, perfect for a quick ride, but at the moment I'm looking for a longer one. Any more spots in the area?
If you do all the trails on the map, including some powerlines near dominic drive, you'd be in there 3-4 hours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you're looking for places to ride in CT, you should check out bikerag.com. Lots of maps, reviews and descriptions of CT (and other area) trails. I don't remember how much they cover down by Shelton (I live out by the other end of the state), but take a look.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
auber said:
If you're looking for places to ride in CT, you should check out bikerag.com. Lots of maps, reviews and descriptions of CT (and other area) trails. I don't remember how much they cover down by Shelton (I live out by the other end of the state), but take a look.
Thanks. My friend actually bailed on me today (got called in to work), so it's not such a pressing issue anymore, but I'll definitely hit up those trails sometime soon.

I'll also head over to bikerag.com and check it out. Thanks again!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I dont like that website....

auber said:
one bit....

·
from the east
288 Posts
hey

jiker said:
Hey there - I check out the CT board every once in a while because that's where I'm from, Shelton specifically. Now I live in Brooklyn, but I still love getting back to my old trails whenever I can. I'm a little late on advising you - I hope you did get to Trumbull sometime during the season, it's definitely the best riding within a short drive. If you're still looking for riding, I'd be happy to be a guide sometime when I'm back to visit the parents. By the way, Jiker? The band? Arrrr.

Wait a second - I just checked out yer profile, we're the same age - Who is this?

eric.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bicycle Rider said:
jiker said:
Hey there - I check out the CT board every once in a while because that's where I'm from, Shelton specifically. Now I live in Brooklyn, but I still love getting back to my old trails whenever I can. I'm a little late on advising you - I hope you did get to Trumbull sometime during the season, it's definitely the best riding within a short drive. If you're still looking for riding, I'd be happy to be a guide sometime when I'm back to visit the parents. By the way, Jiker? The band? Arrrr.

Wait a second - I just checked out yer profile, we're the same age - Who is this?

eric.
Hmm.. the only mountain biker named Eric I can think of that once lived in Shelton and is the same age as me who now lives in Brooklyn is Eric W. from right up the street. This is Tom R. (omitted the last names on purpose). Is that you, Eric W.?

Yes - jiker, the band!

Yes - I did get over to Trumbull, and it was awesome.

Riding buddies are always good to have! I'm still at home, and it looks like I will be for at least the next few months, so give me a shout out if/when you'd like to go riding.

-tom

·
from the east
288 Posts
whoa!

jiker said:
Hmm.. the only mountain biker named Eric I can think of that once lived in Shelton and is the same age as me who now lives in Brooklyn is Eric W. from right up the street. This is Tom R. (omitted the last names on purpose). Is that you, Eric W.?

Yes - jiker, the band!

Yes - I did get over to Trumbull, and it was awesome.

Riding buddies are always good to have! I'm still at home, and it looks like I will be for at least the next few months, so give me a shout out if/when you'd like to go riding.

-tom
Tom R. ! !

I almost guessed it was you! This is indeed EW. Check yer PM.

Eric.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.