Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have any recommendations on what starting tire pressures a 140 lbs rider should try on a 2.35" Forekaster in front and 2.35" Ardent Race in the rear? They will be tubeless and on 29mm ID rims.

I was thinking along the lines of 21F/24R. Opinions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
I'm thinking start at 16 front and 18 rear and work down from there, or up if you're getting rim strikes or feel the tire rolling sideways cornering, depending on the conditions and how rowdy you're riding.

·
TRANCER
2,780 Posts
Does any one have any recommendations on what starting tire pressures a 140 lbs rider should try on a 2.35" Forekaster in front and 2.35" Ardent Race in the rear? They will be tubeless and on 29mm ID rims.

I am 220 geared up and riding Ardent Race 2.35 on one of my bikes and I'm running 18 front and 21 rear tubeless. Just right IMO. So for you I'm guessing it would be a lot less. Good luck finding the right pressure. Sometimes it takes a bit to get ut just right.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I'd say that would be a decent starting point and then let air out if you feel the need to, all depends on how aggressive you ride and how the trail is, jumps, drops, big berms etc or slower more technical stuff. The pressures you are suggesting are what I run with the same setup and I weigh about 185lbs kitted to ride on a short travel FS, don't hit any drops over 3ft, not a jumper, will hit small stuff, but as with drops, nothing over 3ft.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Start off with what you think will be Ok, and then adjust as you need too. There is no silver bullet, except for that psi that will keep the tire from rolling off the rim bead..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.