Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an old GT LTS that the Judy on just quit on the elastomers totally disentegrated. Was looking for something relatively cheap to get back up and running. Any opinions on the following forks I found at reasonable prices. Or any other recomendations would be appreciated. Forks I've found so far. Manitou 06 Axel Elite (80mm) or 05 model that is listed as 100mm, Manitou 04 Skareb Comp, or Marzochi 05 EXR .

Thanks again

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
MBTex said:
I've got an old GT LTS that the Judy on just quit on the elastomers totally disentegrated. Was looking for something relatively cheap to get back up and running. Any opinions on the following forks I found at reasonable prices. Or any other recomendations would be appreciated. Forks I've found so far. Manitou 06 Axel Elite (80mm) or 05 model that is listed as 100mm, Manitou 04 Skareb Comp, or Marzochi 05 EXR .

Thanks again
At that pricepoint you have only the Zoke EXR (first choice) or a RS Tora 318 Air (best performance-tuneability, but unknown durability).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far all three forks I have looked at are falling in the $125 to 150 range. Was looking to keep it under 200. for such an old bike. The only problem with the Marz is the steering tube is already cut and I will have to confirm the length also will have to get brake bosses.

Just trying to get back riding since a couple of years of not seriously riding do to kids. There are so many more Fork choices now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
MBTex said:

Thanks again
I would always suggest Marzocchi when you are looking for a low end fork. Had way too many issues with low end Manitou's/Rock Shox. I Saw this deal on Nashbar today in their Returned Items section:
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?...nd=&sku=16370&storetype=2&estoreid=&pagename=

I know that it's a little more than you're looking to spend, but it could save you some $$$ in the future.

·
Registered
244 Posts
MBTex said:

Thanks again
Here's another deal, this time less than $200:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FK603A02-Marzocchi+Mx+Comp+85+05.aspx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.