Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yo Jeff, I heard Pro Cyclery does the best wheel build in town. Also heard they have a tude. Watcha lookin to build up? BTW AZ was a hoot, and SOMO really was the only place to ride (per your recommendation).

·
Registered
327 Posts
jdcatnau said:
I'm looking into having some wheels built with Hope hubs. Can anyone make any recommendations in the Las Vegas area?
I used to know a good wheel builder in Vegas, but he moved to Canada.

I'd give Ray a shot though if I was laying down cash for a build.

If you're looking for good prices on Hopes, check out Chain Reaction though, I've heard their pre-builts and custom builds are good.

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
If that's the same Ray that worked at Terry's shop, then he's one of only a couple of master bike mechanics in the S Nevada region. There are good mechanics out there, but not like Ray.
I've heard Danny Kam at Nu Vision is really good too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ericmopar said:
If that's the same Ray that worked at Terry's shop, then he's one of only a couple of master bike mechanics in the S Nevada region. There are good mechanics out there, but not like Ray.
I've heard Danny Kam at Nu Vision is really good too.
Yes, that is the same Ray........and I agree about his skills.

I've seen first hand the quality of wheels that Danny Kam builds and you'd get better wheels from Sports Authority. :thumbsup:

-C

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
transient said:
I used to know a good wheel builder in Vegas, but he moved to Canada.

I'd give Ray a shot though if I was laying down cash for a build.

If you're looking for good prices on Hopes, check out Chain Reaction though, I've heard their pre-builts and custom builds are good.
Dang Canadians! I know of another Canadian that could probably help me out too, and the way he rides I know his wheels hold up.

Thanks for the help everyone!! Unfortunately I had a set back in the bike fund. Babies they are just full of surprises!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to hear you enjoyed Somo...

vitamindimo said:
Yo Jeff, I heard Pro Cyclery does the best wheel build in town. Also heard they have a tude. Watcha lookin to build up? BTW AZ was a hoot, and SOMO really was the only place to ride (per your recommendation).
When I was in Phx I only rode there a few times. I had another trail 5 min from the house. Did you get a chance to go to Cactus and hook up with the locals?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.