Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
destructionismyobjective
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a 48 spoke but cant seem to find any except the rhinolyte. If you know of any 48s lemme know-- if not recommend me twords a bombproof 36 spoke. I was thinking atomlab--but dont know how strong they are.

·
destructionismyobjective
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already ordered the bfr yesterday. So looks like thats what Ill be running. It looks to be a pretty solid rim. I didnt like he 36 spoke Idea but my other bikes run 36 and I havent demolished the wheels. Hopefully It will be alright scince im spending a pretty penny between rim, spokes, and odessy hazard hub, and getting it laced.

Btw if you know where to get the 48 holes lemme know cause I still have my old 48hole hub I could get an exra rim and have it laced as an extra.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
tioga disc drive wheel.
makes cool drum sounds when you land or hit a bump too. catch a crosswind in the air and it could help with rotation.

seriously though, just make sure it is built properly and 36 will be just fine. After you ride it for a bit after initial build, go back and have it retentioned after the nipples and spokes have seated and it should be solid.

·
Registered
105 Posts
bitterrider said:
I already ordered the bfr yesterday. So looks like thats what Ill be running. It looks to be a pretty solid rim. I didnt like he 36 spoke Idea but my other bikes run 36 and I havent demolished the wheels. Hopefully It will be alright scince im spending a pretty penny between rim, spokes, and odessy hazard hub, and getting it laced.

Btw if you know where to get the 48 holes lemme know cause I still have my old 48hole hub I could get an exra rim and have it laced as an extra.
You won't be sorry. Congrats on getting a sweet set of wheels!

Chip

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been thinking about Double Tracks/MTX for quite some time and I can't fyckin' decide.
I want to put 'em on hardtail for hardcore DJ/Street. And I seriously want a bombproof durable rim. Can MTX handle it?

·
Slopestyle Rider
2,448 Posts
You have a point... to a point. But saying 48H is overkill is plain wrong. I guess if you weigh 140lbs, and don't really go that big, then maybe 48H is too much. Some people like myself who are 6' and weigh 200lbs and often 360 30' tables wouldn't consider 36H bombproof at all. Just making a point that 48H isn't overkill at all if you are jumping big stuff.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i agree that 48h isnt overkill. i personally doint run it but i have nothing against it. if a bmx has a 48h, and thats normal, why not mtb? plus bmx rims are stronger in the first place due to being smaller.

·
Slopestyle Rider
2,448 Posts
Amen... whatever you wanna ride is all good with me, just giving my 2 cents... The main thing is that you ride the hell out of whatever you have and have fun. Worrying about "this wheel vs. that wheel" is not as worthwhile as actually being able to ride your bike. Drives me nuts when guys talk more about working on their bikes than actually riding them...

Joel

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.