Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking to change out my set of tires and looking for recommendations. Running tubes and running rigid. Looking for all around tire. Riding a variety of trails in NorCally from fireroad to single and everything in between. Thanks all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm using Forte Pisgah tires on my Yeti SB66c for years,and to me they work great. Most of the trails by me (Calero, John Nicholas) are hard pact now and these have good grip and roll fast. The lugs aren't the biggest so I don't think they'd handle mud that we'll.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
I have an old Pivot 5.7c that I use for guests and put a DHF front/Aggressor rear on it. They're pretty bomb proof.

·
Bikes in jeans
2,316 Posts
If you don't have to deal with thorns, Shwalbe nobby nics or rocket rons have become my staple these days. Chunkier the Hans Dampf's are solid IMO.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Yeah, NoNi's are hard to beat, especially in Addix, but they are pricey.
If they fit, a 26x2.35 would smooth the ride out.

Years ago, when my wife was on a 26er, she didn't understand my fascination with tires till I put Racing Ralphs on her bike and she was suddenly twice as strong!
Now she's on 27.5x2.6 NoNis and won't even consider trying anything else.

·
3 on the tree
196 Posts
+1 on a DHF for the front, I put a 2.3 on my 575 and it improved handling grip dramatically for SoCal terrain. I run a 2.25 Ardent rear, only because I got it for $15 shipped.

·
Registered
66 Posts
+1 on the Schwalbe Rocket Rons if you are riding actual trails - light, fast and good grip even in the wet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really like WTB sets, I'm running a Trail Boss in the back right now. Absolutely powers through mud and loose stuff, as well as staying tight on hardpack. It does drag a little bit on pavement, but you get used to it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm running 2.20 Maxxis Ikon on the back and a 2.20 Ardent Race in the front. If you are looking for fast and grippy for fireroads and some single track- it is a winning combo.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'll second the Ikon mention, but go up a size to 2.35. They're the perfect size. Not skinny, not Plus. The perfect all around tire in my opinion. I've got them on my 29 at that width, and my son has them on his 26" FS at that width as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts