Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the search function trying to find some good setups but there are a ton it seems. I have an 08 epic marathon with the magura marta sl I believe they are. I am looking to upgrade something a little better in terms of stopping power. I seem to fade them really quick. The Avid juicy seem to be mentioned a lot, should I look into those? Any thoughts/recommendations would be much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
phoenixr2 said:
I've been using the search function trying to find some good setups but there are a ton it seems. I have an 08 epic marathon with the magura marta sl I believe they are. I am looking to upgrade something a little better in terms of stopping power. I seem to fade them really quick. The Avid juicy seem to be mentioned a lot, should I look into those? Any thoughts/recommendations would be much appreciated! :)
Your setup is better than most of the juicy line I run Formula R1s on My S works epic and on my SJ. Amazing modulation, low noise and great power - oh and they are LIGHT -- down side is the price and the thin opening.. requires a bit more set up and maintenance.

·
Always pushing harder!!!
1,267 Posts
I have Juicy's on my Epic and have also tried Maguras...Maguras are far better...Try Elixir...I test rode a bike with them and they worked great...also Formula R1...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill take a look at the elixirs and the formula r1s. Price is not one of my top 3 priorities. I would really like better stopping power and less maintenance. if they are lighter then all the better for that too! Thanks for the tips so far guys!

·
cougarbait
1,783 Posts
phoenixr2 said:
Ill take a look at the elixirs and the formula r1s. Price is not one of my top 3 priorities. I would really like better stopping power and less maintenance. if they are lighter then all the better for that too! Thanks for the tips so far guys!
oh, well if price is of no concern...
:devil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts