Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys recommend in the way of lock on grips? I was thinking about the intense lock ons, the race face diabolus lock ons, or the cane creek lock ons. I was also thinking about the Oury's, what do you guys think?

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
yeah ODI is pretty much the start all end all since 1990's.

Ruffians for size med-small hands with prescision feel.

Rogues for med-big hands or beefy feel.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
i run the lizard skins, there great i think the next pair im gonna get on ruffians. a tip though- of u have problems with stripping screews get another set of screws as back ups. 2 of my screws are almosst stripped im replacing them

·
Registered
819 Posts
OURY!!! i will never switch... so good fat and juicy and line up with my gloves

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
this is excellent info. . .

j6105 said:
Ruffians for size med-small hands with prescision feel.

Rogues for med-big hands or beefy feel.
I'm a dork, where did you git dis info? All this time I B tinkin' I gots me some big hands, turns out IMADUFAS . . .

Guess I'll be switchin' me Ruffians for some Rogues!!

·
1,247 Posts
does anyone have a problem of them slipping off. I have them on carbon bars, so maybe the bar itself is kinda slippery. the other day and the right odi just twisted off.
sandpaper the insides? Or just torque them tight..

·
ride hard take risks
25,422 Posts
unfluid one said:
does anyone have a problem of them slipping off. I have them on carbon bars, so maybe the bar itself is kinda slippery. the other day and the right odi just twisted off.
Dont now about that carbon stuff, never had one come loose. Be carfull when tightening the allen head will strip.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
unfluid one said:
a little squirt of hairspray will do the trick

·
Registered
954 Posts
Been running rogues for 3 years, and tried ruffians too. Ruffians were too small for my hands and they wear out much faster that the rogues too. I've heard good things about the odi as well.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
For you guys with carbon bars, you really need to check your manual or check with the manufacturer becasue from what i've heard, you are supposed to use a torque wrench when clamping your carbon bars. I'm no authority on the latest carbon tech but a too tight clamp on a CB is supposed to be a bad thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts