Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a capable bike that will allow me to ride boot leg canyon in boulder city, NV. I currently have a rock hopper but looking for a FS bike I believe. Looking to improve my skills and cross train for motocross. I would consider myself a beginner. Budget is 3000 maybe a little more if there is a great buy.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
Full rigid single speed will build your skills.

Little familiar with Bootleg. I used to live in Vegas and my buddy runs Desert Dash.

Anyways, you will get an array of answers with such a broad question. Most of which will be the bike the person is currently riding or the one they are looking to get.

The best advice is to go to your local bike shops, ride a few and see which ones you like.
Then if you have trouble picking between a couple come ask.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
IMHO, if you can't ride a particular route on a hardtail, you won't be able to ride it by throwing more bike at it either. But I've never been to Boulder City.

Since you already have a bike and you have a decent budget in mind, take it slow. Go to demo days and get on-trail saddle time on FS bikes until one grabs you. It'll probably be more expensive than $3000 just by nature of demo tours, but the version you can afford won't give up anything important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts