Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for 80-100mm forks. I've been thinking of:

Rockshox Reba
Rockshox SID
White Magic 80
White Magic 100
Fox F80 (not really looking hard for this one though)
'Zocchi Marathon Race

What other manufacturers would you suggest I look at?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Actually if you are considering Reba and/or Sid, then also check Manitou R7. I don't have them all that long yet (few months only), but for now I don't have anything bad to say about them... yet, but I hope it will stay so in future too :)

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, added the R7. I've not heard a lot of good about the Black series of forks, so I may stay away from them.

·
Baller/Biker
172 Posts
How about the Fox RLC 80?

This fork has a ton of adjustments
lockout
rebound
lockout force adjust
low speed compression this one has to be on your list. Plus it looks Gooood!!

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
streetpro0323 said:
This fork has a ton of adjustments
lockout
rebound
lockout force adjust
low speed compression this one has to be on your list. Plus it looks Gooood!!
I've got a float 130 RLC already. It's pretty good, but I'm looking for something better for a short travel fork without having to send it to push.

·
Why so uptite?
975 Posts
RS REBA. It is a very easy to adjust fork, very smooth travel (almost no stiction), and easy to maintain. With the range of adjustments on the fork you can easily dial it into any bike and any terrrain. The Reba is a lot stiffer and has no flex compaired to the SID. Unless this is a race only hardtail i would skip the SID. And yes i do own a SID too.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EBG 18T said:
RS REBA. It is a very easy to adjust fork, very smooth travel (almost no stiction), and easy to maintain. With the range of adjustments on the fork you can easily dial it into any bike and any terrrain. The Reba is a lot stiffer and has no flex compaired to the SID. Unless this is a race only hardtail i would skip the SID. And yes i do own a SID too.
My girlfriend rides a Reba. It's a pretty nice fork. I didn't find the longer travel RS dual air forks to my liking, but the Reba seems to work pretty well for me (when I ride her bike, that is).

·
Registered
682 Posts
I just got my Trek 8000 a few days ago, but it comes with a Reba SL fork... I am very happy with it. I really like it so far.. very plush.. 80mm is enough for XC riding easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts