Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Morning,
Now that the Big Brand discussion is well “discussed”. What other bike brands do you all recommend for someone looking for a good quality MTB assuming that some smaller shops might have shorter lead times than big name brands like Trek and Cannondale..etc

I got my bikes, I am just curious about other brands like SC, YETI,

·
Registered
624 Posts
OK... look, first off, the "big three" are Trek, Giant, and Specialized. Cannondale is not one of the truly big brands.

As far as brands, here's what to do. Grab your phone and map all the bike shops in a reasonable area from you. Call each one of them em up like a "boomer" and ask what they have in your size at your budget.

·
since 4/10/2009
31,418 Posts
this list could be practically endless if we included those guys welding up 1 frame a year in their garage because they enjoy it.

go to google and search for mountain bike brands. or, possibly take a look at the manufacturer forums on this website. or look at the articles and advertisements in any mtb magazine. there are lots of ways that one might be able to get lists of bike brands. as for knowing who has what in stock, start calling shops that stock what you're interested in.

·
CEO Product Failure
1,640 Posts
Not so sure about the OP's premise: "high end" brands having shorter lead times. Beyond Trek, I haven't heard of any manufacturers who were as fortunate in securing components before the pandemic was in full stride.

I've kept pretty current with SantaCruz as we have 2 Tallboys in our household. Recently I've read they have some frames available and do not have the components to build complete bikes. If the OP is just looking for a frame, then some frames may be available.

·
CEO Product Failure
1,640 Posts
Can we go back to talking about hookers and blow?
I thought they deleted the "Hot Chicks of Mountain Biking" thread years ago?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm pretty sure the how strippers are exacerbating the bike shortage thread is still around. Almost as good as hookers and blow. Or wait, was I just confused about the type of stripper in question. I can't remember now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm currently looking at ALL available offerings and all but a few HT's are not available.
Also, I prefer a non-mail order bike for future possible issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Banshee has frames and build kits available for certain bikes / sizes now, and more coming in May. I am on the list for a Spitfire around mid-May.

'High-end' would be subjective, and I'd classify Banshee as a high-end aluminum frame.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts