Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very tempted to get the 5 spot,
in case I do which size for my 5' 8" 155lbs body.
I think small should work but so may a medium.
And then, what turner dealer is recommended

thanks for any info.

·
ride your bike
9,447 Posts
Pedro said:

thanks for any info.
I am 5'10", 31" inseam, fat, and I ride a med with 110 mm stem. The Spot is my favorite bike (out of many). But I can see the six pack winking at me from across the pub. I see you baby, but I'm with the spot! Maybe later.
:D

EDIT: I bought mine from jensonusa.com and they were great. They threw in gobs of free parts! I bought the rest of the build from my trusty LBS.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Pedro said:

thanks for any info.
I'm 5'8 and 170# and I ride a medium. If anything....it's a bit too small, not large. I'd recommend a medium or possibly a large, believe it or not.

Try to go to an LBS. If one is not available, I highly recommend Larry @MtnHighCyclery.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Spot size

Pedro said:

thanks for any info.
I'm 5'6" 200# with a 28 inch inseam and I ride a medium with a 75mm stem. If you're building it yourself I'd shop around for the best deal. If you need someone to build it for you deal with someone with a good rep like Mt. high cyclery, I havent done business with them but I've herd only good about them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 5' 7, 145 lbs and I'm riding a small 5 spot. You could probably ride either a small or a medium frame, depending on what you are used to and what kind of riding you plan on doing. The smaller frame will be more nimble and responsive while the medium frame will be more stable at higher speeds. My spot fits me perfectly with a 120 mm stem and about 8 inches of seat post exposed. I don't think anyone over 5' 8 could go with a small so you are right there at the limit. Personally, I'm very happy with my small frame.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
poop!!! one more thing to decide!!!!!

I have always used medium bikes, but am comfortable with the 22+" top tube
Guess the trick would be a medium with 23" top tube and a shorter stem

Thanks

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
The nice thing about a longer top tube and shorter stem is that your body weight would be more centered between the wheels, improving downhill performance. On the downside, if you get a stem that is say 70mm or shorter, then climbing might become a wee bit more difficult due to your front wheel being unweighted some and wondering a bit.

_MK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.