Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to downsize my Demo 8 and get something a bit more flickable and light.

I borrowed a Specialized SX Trail for this week and it is SO spot on as far as a blend between the right geo, weight, and features.

However, I just want to see if there are any bikes sort of between the Demo and SX Trail, but with 7" of travel.

I saw the Morewood Shova LT which looks killer. I need to ride one of those.

I'm not interested in the Cdale Perp or the Bottlerocket, they're just not quite what I'm looking for.

Also, what size SXT should I get if that's what I decide on? I'm stuck between M and L. I'm 6' and growing with very long arms. I'm on a medium for the week and it feels great, but I'm wondering if the L will still retain the jumpy feel while giving me more room.

Last, throw up pics of any SXTs, Shovas, and other bikes like that if it's convenient.

Thanks a lot!

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
cannondale prophet mx? for some reason i love those bikes and if i was gonna get a smaller bike than what i've got now (7.25") that's where i'd go.... that's more like 6" of travel though...

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Ojai Bicyclist said:
I'll check it out.

You have a Highline, right? How do you like that thing?
Yep... I love it... SO much fun to ride. It's quick, nimble, and stiff as hell... very responsive to everything.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6.6, not DH enough. Same with the Prophet. Stinkys are heavy and unappealing to me. Dirtbags look alright, Nomads too XC, Fly just doesn't do it.

I was looking at the regular Prophet and I think if I were to get an XC bike that would be it, it's SO sick and fast looking!

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coma13 said:
Yep... I love it... SO much fun to ride. It's quick, nimble, and stiff as hell... very responsive to everything.
That looks like a really cool ride.

Any chance you could throw a pic up here of it if it's handy?

Also, how tall/what size are you running?

Thanks!

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Ojai Bicyclist said:
That looks like a really cool ride.

Any chance you could throw a pic up here of it if it's handy?

Also, how tall/what size are you running?

Thanks!
I don't have a pic of the bike by itself but here's a shot from the last race... i have like 2 or 3 inches of seatpost sticking out for DH mode and a boxxer w/ e13 cups & direct mount stem for a nice, low front end...

I'm 6'4" tall, long legs (the pants i'm wearing in that pic have a 38" inseam) and I'm running a Large.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
coma13 said:
I don't have a pic of the bike by itself but here's a shot from the last race... i have like 2 or 3 inches of seatpost sticking out for DH mode and a boxxer w/ e13 cups & direct mount stem for a nice, low front end...

I'm 6'4" tall, long legs (the pants i'm wearing in that pic have a 38" inseam) and I'm running a Large.
Hey man, do you think you're gonna make it out to the next Fontana? If so I'd love to swing a leg over your bike if that'd be cool with you.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Ojai Bicyclist said:
Hey man, do you think you're gonna make it out to the next Fontana? If so I'd love to swing a leg over your bike if that'd be cool with you.
I'll be there for sure... You're more than welcome to give 'er a go...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have read your other threads as well, just get the damn SX trail and be done with it.
That damn bike is awesome. I just did my best to justify getting one, but I need a Demo for racing, and I need my little SX for everything else I ride.
So, get one and ride the pizz out of it for me.;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.