Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I don't know too many specific models. I almost bought some SunRingle Zuzu's before I went the opposite direction and bought clipless pedals. Anyway...

Look for something with sealed cartridge bearings; it will last longer and will most likely be rebuildable when the bearings do go bad. One clue to this is an end cap with a hex bolt hole, meaning it was designed to be serviced
Also look for a pedal with replaceable traction pins.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boomn said:
I don't know too many specific models. I almost bought some SunRingle Zuzu's before I went the opposite direction and bought clipless pedals. Anyway...

Look for something with sealed cartridge bearings; it will last longer and will most likely be rebuildable when the bearings do go bad. One clue to this is an end cap with a hex bolt hole, meaning it was designed to be serviced
Also look for a pedal with replaceable traction pins.
Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
Yes

bwheelin said:
These might be what I'm looking for. How's the traction?
Are you speaking from experience?
most Norshore riders in Vancouver & area use them. Easy to replace pins at .15 each, bombproof, cheap. Sealed bearings a must for wet riding. Jim

·
Noob!
35 Posts
I use Odyssey Twisted PRO. They are real shin killers but a good wide pedal to keep your foot planted. They can be found for around $25-30

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
Kona, Odyssey, and DRMV8 all

are NOT sealed bearings. If water is an issue for your riding in PA, then steer clear of these. Alternative is a Wellgo M1 Magnesium flat @ $85 from Webcyclery, but that's over your budget (sealed and 1/2 lb less weight).

It looks like the B37 is only available in Canada and Europe, try looking for the B 36 and the B 5 models in the US?

Best I could find was the B27, these are all so similar it's a nightmare to differentiate. If you do order, grab a set of replacement pins at the same time.

http://www.bikesonline.com/Wellgo-B-27-BMX-Pedals-9-16-inch-Black.htm

Good luck, Jim

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JimC. said:
are NOT sealed bearings. If water is an issue for your riding in PA, then steer clear of these. Alternative is a Wellgo M1 Magnesium flat @ $85 from Webcyclery, but that's over your budget (sealed and 1/2 lb less weight).

It looks like the B37 is only available in Canada and Europe, try looking for the B 36 and the B 5 models in the US?

Best I could find was the B27, these are all so similar it's a nightmare to differentiate. If you do order, grab a set of replacement pins at the same time.

http://www.bikesonline.com/Wellgo-B-27-BMX-Pedals-9-16-inch-Black.htm

Good luck, Jim
Yea those B37's are hard to find in the US. I might go with the B27's, but I'll take a look at a few others you guys recommended.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
saturnine said:
no idea. have your feet shrunk?
Probably. You do shrink as you age you know. :D I'm going to look in to them though. The ones I saw back then look different than the ones on Abaxos' website. They're definitely good pedals. :thumbsup:

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
salvation is at hand...

www.sicklines.com e13 pedals

Is there a finalized pedal platform size? (or what sizes are you considering?)

e.thirteen: We're planning on offering the pedal in more than one platform size, the platforms themselves will be interchangeable so riders can choose the size that they want to run on their bike. Some times a larger platform is going to be good for jumping and DH use, but for tighter DH courses and all-mountain use, a smaller platform can be a good thing too. Also, the design offers the flexibility for riders to choose a platform size that fits their foot size a little better, after all, not everyone has the same size feet. This design will really let riders choose what works ideally for their individual preference, riding style, and foot size.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.