Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After growing increasingly frustrated with my current bike, a Trek 9900 Pro Issue with a '98 Rock Shox SID, I decided to dust off my old DBR Axis TT and rebuild it.

I'm looking for an 80mm travel fork that can be picked up used inexpensively. This is purely a XC bike, I would consider myself a novice rider (been doing it for a while, but no skills), weigh about 170 lb. +/- 5. I would like to keep the weight in the 3-4 lb. range. I would say most of my riding tends to be long, not too technical climbs with the accompanying fast descents with occasionally very rocky sections. I am trying to get more comfortable on single track and more technical trails (typical Colorado Front Range riding), but right now they scare the bejeezus out of me.

What would you recommend? Going back through the forum there seems to be a lot of love for the Marzochi Atom Z2 Race and Marathon SL, and Manitou Skareb.

·
Registered
1 Posts
80mm Forks got longer

I'm currently looking for some better forks for my old bike

My bike is currently as slack angled as I'm happy to go. The current forks are 445 mm long like a 80 mm travel Z2. But a modern bomber of the same travel is 458 mm. Hence my search for a Z2.

Any one got a Z2 they are prepared to ship to the UK. We haven't had any on ebay here fore ages

may be I'll go Z3..

cheers

John

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've got a Marzocchi Atom Bomb Z2, date stamped '86, red lowers, no disc mount, 445mm crown to dropout, 170mm steerer tube, unsure of the amount of travel but exposed stanchions measure 80mm, available to swap or maybe sell for the right price.

I am looking for an 80mm Manitou Mars, Thomson X4 100mm 31.8 stem, Hope 1.1/8 aheadset annodised blue or black (old version), Dura Ace 12-27T cassette, 3 x DB 14/15 (2.0/1.8mm) straight pull 254mm or 256mm spokes with brass nipples.

If you have any one of these items then we can get the deal rolling...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.