Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So I am sorta new to the area and am looking to have a wheelset built up with some stuff I have lying around. Can anybody recommend a local shop that builds a decent set of wheels. I'm in Ballard but can get anywhere in the metro area pretty easily. I have a new set of XC rims that I want to have laced up as a backup set.
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
And here's my opinion...

Zeb from Big Tree Bikes (formerly Fluidride) built a bombproof set of wheels for me a few years ago. I've also had decent luck with Andrew at Second Ascent in Ballard but Zeb will be where I go when I need my next set built.

·
Registered
126 Posts
F**kin' Scott!

I don't live near Lake Stevens anymore, but I still drive up to see Scott at BikeWorks anytime I need wheels built or tuned up- always worth the trip.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Larry Naylor has his own shop perfectwheels.net by greenlake. I've used him for several sets of road wheels and have been super-happy. He's expensive, but worth it IMHO. I actually wore completely through my wheelset and the rim split without ever needing to true the wheels !!

well there's my 2pennies...

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
I've never had someone else build a wheel for me, so I don't know how different shops' work is doing that specifically. However, Andrew at Second Ascent has impressed me as being a sensible, conscientious mechanic (I'm not him.)

Jason at Revolution Cycles would be happy to do a set for you too, and they have pretty nice spokes in stock. Not sure if Second Ascent stocks them or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.