Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to start out riding this bike for fitness on the street and easier trails such as the fullerton loop (to get in shape for motocross). I hope to ride a few more serious trails as I get my fitness levels back up (been sitting on my lazy a** for awhile). I want a bike that I can do everything with such as street riding, climbing, downhill and jumping. I have a friend that races and he is a hardcore specialized guy. He recommended looking at a rockhopper for a first time "real" mountain bike. I shamefully admit I have owned k-mart bikes in the past:madman: . I am looking to spend around $600 or so. I think the two bikes I have narrowed it down to are the rockhopper or ibex 650. I have briefly rode a rockhopper and it felt pretty good although I think I could get used to any bike. What are the pros and cons of these bikes? How much does each weight? Is there a different bike I should be looking at? Thank you for any and all input:thumbsup: .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.