Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
sasquatch rides a SS said:
But stamped cogs wear away the freehub body much faster, get something with a wide "foot". Yeah a $5 cog may be tempting but spend $20 more and save yourself in the long run.
+1

The stamped cog I used entrenched itself into my freehub body in 1 hard ride. Zero problems with wide base cogs(Surly).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Endless Bike Company's Kick-Ass-Cogs, great product!

"At a full quarter inch wide (6.35mm) at the splines, Kick-Ass-Cogs simply will not damage your free hub body the way a narrower cog can. Made of high strength 7075-T6 alloy (Stronger and harder than most common steels), Kick-Ass-Cogs are precision machined insuring perfect axial and radial alignment that compliments the superior chain lines that cassette style hubs allow.
The specially engineered tooth profile on Kick-Ass-Cogs improves both cog and chain life while minimizing drive train friction. With a Kick-Ass-Cog on your bike, you can expect a smooth, quiet drivetrain for miles to come.
Like all EndlessBikeCo. Products, Kick-Ass-Cogs are made right here in Western North Carolina; not in some faceless factory on the other side of the planet."

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Does anybody from Gusset post up on MTBR?
What about Surly? King? Endless? If any of them are, I have never seen it.
Support those that support the forum.
I know ISAR is on here all the time.
Homebrewed Components

His thread is just a few threads down on the SS forum.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have over 700 miles on mine, and it still looks like new... although last summer was very dry up here in New Hampshire. I'm sticking with em' till there's a reason to change!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.