Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MassiveAttack
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently swapped out my Roll X tires that came with my bike for WTB Wierwoves 2.4. First time i went to Soquel the Roll X worked really well. But the WTB's seem to not work well with downhill rocks and corners.

Can anyone suggest a good set to go with for this type of enviroment.

Michelin? DH Comp 3.2 Soft
WTB Mutano Raptor 2.4
Kenda Karma?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Sure!

massiveattack said:
I recently swapped out my Roll X tires that came with my bike for WTB Wierwoves 2.4. First time i went to Soquel the Roll X worked really well. But the WTB's seem to not work well with downhill rocks and corners.

WTB Mutano Raptor 2.4
Kenda Karma?

Thanks in Advance.
Front: Panaracer Fire FR 2.4

Rear: Tioga DH 2.3

It's the combo I ride everywhere, no matter what the terrain.

You're welcome in advance.

fp

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
massiveattack said:

WTB Mutano Raptor 2.4
Kenda Karma?

Thanks in Advance.
The best dry conditions combo that I found for SDF are the Weirwolf 2.5 (front) and the Geax Sturdy 2.25 (rear). A Sturdy on the front also works well.

You're welcome, in retrospect.

·
Absurd
919 Posts
I've been pretty happy with Weirwolf 2.5 front and rear. My Mobsters ( 50 dur ) also hook up REALLY good, but their a bit heavy for that place. I personally have never tried them, but my buddy that works at a bike shop tells me Mutano rapters would probably be the best for most terain around the bay area.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
massiveattack said:

WTB Mutano Raptor 2.4
Kenda Karma?

Thanks in Advance.
schwable 2.3 fat albert up front & Kenda 2.1 Nevegal or 2.1 BG in back.

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
Mutanos are good at demo and will be a little better on the climbs because they roll fast but I would recommend the WTB moto-raptor 2.24 laser for better downhill and still good uphill. It's only 700gms and the dual compound rubber rocks! And they also have a bit of pinch flat protection. You really owe it yourself to try it. WTB makes good tires but most people don't spend the extra money for the "laser" model. It's so worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
WTB's Answer for Locals

I asked the same thing from some of the WTB guys since they are local and they suggested this set up:

Mutano 2.4 race tire upfront and Epic Wolf 2.1 race or 1.95 race as a rear tire.

Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts