Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an older project bike that I could build for training days and for riding techinical rock sections. I'm looking for a reasonably lightweight frame with higher than average bottom bracket. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all for the information. All of the above bikes were very difficult to find with the exception of the Cannondale Beast from the East. There is one posted on Craigslist that is two hours away. Hoping to pick it up in a few days.

I'll post pictures if I'm able to pick it up.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
nitecrwlr said:
Thanks to all for the information. All of the above bikes were very difficult to find with the exception of the Cannondale Beast from the East. There is one posted on Craigslist that is two hours away. Hoping to pick it up in a few days.

I'll post pictures if I'm able to pick it up.
By no means should this sway you from buying the bike, but take note of the fork- depending on the year of the bike, if it has the Pepperoni fork, those have an aluminum steerer tube and they were under recall because they had a tendancy to snap where the steerer tube meets the fork blade. If anything, use that to negotiate the price down.

The P-bone forks went to a steel steerer tube and are fine. I want to say 1995 onward had the P-bone, I forget.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.