Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arielDB said:
That will be nice, send it to DB but make some $$ for your idea:thumbsup:

But this is my 2009 Recoil, soon to come a RaceFace stem, handel bar, post, crankset, and pedal all form ebay for good prices.
hi ariel
how is youre bike on the fast side, how they climbe? i got an opportunity to buy the
frame only, and i hate the feeling of lazy bike, how do you like it ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
drorn said:
hi ariel
how is youre bike on the fast side, how they climbe? i got an opportunity to buy the
frame only, and i hate the feeling of lazy bike, how do you like it ?
Well it is lighter so, I think it will make the bike faster, but the ride is a lot smoother with the Fox shocks.

·
glassphisheye
335 Posts
Get the program: "linkage". It will crunch all your numbers, just plug in the measuements, pivot points and boom! You have shock curves, instant center, etc, etc. With that said, this design would not even compress much less be an improvement. Trust me; if you want to design mods then get linkage. I've modified three bikes based upon the information I gathered from actual data. In two cases I made the bike better and in the other it just cracked.... haha! That's what you get when u play monster garage tho...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dude, that's gonna need a 1200 lb spring! Prolly easier to just move the front shock mount forward 2 inches and put a 9.5x3 shock on it. That'll get 6.3" of travel. And there is plenty of clearance between the rear tire and seat stay. I'd also weld a strength doubler under the front mount.

·
Registered
177 Posts
In your first pic your rear link is too short and will over center shortly after the suspension is loaded. Moving the shock vertical with equal length links may work but the spring tension needs to be extremely high and the shock damping would be far less effective. In the end, usually the simplest solution is the best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.