Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be doing a full fork and shock service soon and upgrading to the debonair air spring. Is anyone running their Recluse with a 160 Pike? Better/worse/advised/not? Curious to suspension changes and geo changes. I could use the extra 10mm, but really looking for better small bump compliance with the debonair. Seems like this question has been asked before but couldn't find any solid info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Will be doing a full fork and shock service soon and upgrading to the debonair air spring. Is anyone running their Recluse with a 160 Pike? Better/worse/advised/not? Curious to suspension changes and geo changes. I could use the extra 10mm, but really looking for better small bump compliance with the debonair. Seems like this question has been asked before but couldn't find any solid info.
I ride a 160 Pike with the Push ACS3 coil conversion, and I run CushCore front and rear. It makes small bump compliance great. I don't notice the extra 10 mm being too tall.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great info, thanks. Did you start with 150 and move to 160?

Seems like the only reservation is the slight geo changes, which I'm probably fine with and the fact that Intense didn't offer a 160 OEM so folks are worried about frame warranty. Don't think I'm concerned about either really, just interested in opinions on geo/handling changes and hoping there's some folks out there already running it at this point.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great info, thanks. Did you start with 150 and move to 160?

Seems like the only reservation is the slight geo changes, which I'm probably fine with and the fact that Intense didn't offer a 160 OEM so folks are worried about frame warranty. Don't think I'm concerned about either really, just interested in opinions on geo/handling changes and hoping there's some folks out there already running it at this point.
I'm pretty certain that intense will still warrantee it with the 160. I got the frame straight from intense after breaking a 2015 tracer frame. They knew I had a 160 fork and they said people at the factory for intense run the recluse with the 160. The 160 raises the bottom bracket slightly and I like it better because I have no issues with rock strikes plus I feel the extra suspension helps out with bigger downhill.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty certain that intense will still warrantee it with the 160. I got the frame straight from intense after breaking a 2015 tracer frame. They knew I had a 160 fork and they said people at the factory for intense run the recluse with the 160. The 160 raises the bottom bracket slightly and I like it better because I have no issues with rock strikes plus I feel the extra suspension helps out with bigger downhill.
SaWeet!! Definitely looking forward to a little more plushness and huckability on the gnarlier DH stuff.

·
Rides Uphill Slow
487 Posts
I'm running my Recluse with a Fox 36 at 170. While it tends to be a tad bit steep for climbing the dh is oh so fun. It doesn't seem to have messed with the geometry enough to make it an issue. I have been toying around with dropping it to 160 just don't want to spend the money. 160 I think is the sweet spot. I'm only running 170 because that's the configuration it was in when I bought it, got a deal on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.