Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just wondering whether Trail Dynamics or Trail Unlimited did the re-routes on Lower Sidehill and Chestnut Cove. The trails are pretty sweet much like Green`s Lick and in about 2 years they will be really good...;)

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
What do you think about the "loss" of the Billy Goat entrance (local nickname for another Side Hill)? I say: YEAH! Liking that extra re-route bonus climb. I saw a lot of W & E signatures in the dirt.

:thumbsup:

Some Lost Children from Nashville followed me the other day. Needless to say, I heard quite a few Woohoo Birds echoing through the trees....

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That`s what i thought..

The Chestnut Cove(from the bottom) re-route is also a stellar climb now...a bit slick but in a few weeks it will make a very cool loop ...
Since im now an official card carrying,window decal Sorba member you can put me down for a couple 2-4 hrs of booth [email protected] Bele-Chere early shift preferrable Sat or Sunday or a 3pm-7pm ish Friday.....

·
Big Mac
4,989 Posts
And the answer is.....

.....trails unlimited. They did do a good job with the re-routes. Fun stuff. Those california boys know what there doing after all. Though these re-routes may seem Greens lickish to some, they actually are alot more interesting and flow alot better, in my opinion. If you look closely I think you will notice little things that trail dynamics would not do. That said I also liked the way the trails were, but that's a mute point. I also liked Asheville before it was "discovered". What are you gonna do? Not ride Bent Creek? O.K. by me.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I really prefer the narrow single track that was Bent Creek in the mid-80`s when you would see 2-3 cars with bikes on a crowded day but it is a mute point. I will really enjoy my rides there every time i go( which is often) due to convenience,lack of time,busy,busy.
The track like, buff trails have me thinking about building a fixed gear 700C frame sometime this fall. I think the trail surface through out Bent Creek now would be a superb place to get into that discipline of cycling....

·
Big Mac
4,989 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya!

thadthetroll said:
I really prefer the narrow single track that was Bent Creek in the mid-80`s when you would see 2-3 cars with bikes on a crowded day but it is a mute point. I will really enjoy my rides there every time i go( which is often) due to convenience,lack of time,busy,busy.
The track like, buff trails have me thinking about building a fixed gear 700C frame sometime this fall. I think the trail surface through out Bent Creek now would be a superb place to get into that discipline of cycling....
My first ride @ Bent Creek was in the late 80's and it was indeed alot different. The area has changed alot over the years. Really, it's in a constant state of change and this trail work we've seen as of late is just part of it. So it's different, yes, but still fun and like you said, because of the convenience factor, a great place to ride when time is of the essence. I think a skinny tired bike would be fun, but fixies scare me, But then again single speeds scare me a bit too.

·
401 Posts
As long as we all get along......

I don't care what you drive or ride.................It ain't cool when you see another cyclist on the tail and they won't/don't even nod, much less smile and say "what-up". Maybe the buff trails will help keep folks smillin.......:)

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Trail Dynamics did Lower Sidehill.
Trails Unlimited Chestnut Cove.
Good to hear that the Chestnut Cove works looks good, I'm riding again :D and will check this out this week.
My understanding is that as part of this re-route, they are supposed to consider making all of Chestnut up to South Ridge Road legally open to bikes, I'll try to see if that's official or not.

Rode Spencer/Trace Saturday and Caney/Daniel/Davidson River Sunday, sweet stuff. See y'all riding soon!
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.