Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting a new FS bike and I've been thinking about trying carbon-rim wheels for a while. The shop that I'm getting the bike through has a set of Raceface Next R31 wheels that were ordered by an employee but never used. Reviews online are pretty positive for them and he's offering me a pretty decent price. Anyone spent time on a set of these wheels, particularly in the 27.5" diameter? (most reviews are for the 29" version which is somewhat useful, but that isn't what I'm getting.)

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I was hoping for some "real riders" experience with these but I guess not many folks have them. The pro reviews are pretty universally positive and the warranty is reassuring; I think I'll give them a go.

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully they are better then their carbon cranks....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Heh, yeah. I'm on my third pair of NEXT R fatbike cranks. At least the warranty process is pretty straightforward. I had a set of Easton wheels a while ago and these NEXT wheels look like they have a lot of the same design touches. Those were good wheels, so hopefully the Easton DNA will help reliability in this "NEXT" pair.

I’ve been running those wheels in 29” on my enduro bike for three years now with zero complaints. I’d buy them again
Thanks, that's great to hear! It'll be my first set of carbon rims, so I'm looking forward to trying them out. I only weight 140lbs and I haven't done much damage to alloy wheels in the past so I think I'll be ok.

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha yes third set for me too. I didn't even bother trying warranty again I've given up on them.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I figure as long as they'll keep replacing them for free, I'll keep warrantying them, if needed. It's nice that they back their product so well, but ideally, I'd like to have a set that lasts.

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked up my new bike yesterday and got to ride it for the first time today! These carbon rims are beautiful, they have a great, satiny finish that just glows. It's subtle but nice, I really like the look. And I'm really pleased with the Vault hubs. The rear has super quick engagement but still spins freely without much drag. And they have a very nice purr, not real loud. The shape of the hub and offset of the spoke bed means all the spokes are the same length which seems like a great idea to me. I think these wheels are keepers! (assuming they don't asplode on me or something)
Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Crankset

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,092 Posts
Speak of the devil, I just had my last Next SL crankarm crack (pedal inserts) yesterday. I don't see any reason to tempt fate.

• Sad
Reactions: SteveF
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.