Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought some of you might find this interesting -- post #16 on the thread below has an official (long) response from Bullseye, especially this part:

"Thats when we decided to start offering all of our Old Stock items for sale on a more reliable, steady basis. Yes we have loads of Hubsets, Lots of 2nd and 3rd Generation cranksets. and boxes and boxes of other Bullseye products we started going through to see what would still be viable/desireable to cyclists worldwide. If there is something form our past that you need, shoot me an email and I will do my best to try and locate it for you."

Link here:

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index.php?showtopic=27013748

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
That is interesting.

I know there are some people here that purchased items...and it took months upon months for the check to be cashed and item shipped....

I'm guessing a computer savvy family member is jumping in to move remaining inventory?

·
McNears-DTB Schooner
496 Posts
I don't know? I emailed weeks ago about buying a hub set, still waiting for a response.
It seems to me they have no intention of doing normal business outside of listing items on ebay. They put very limited quantities up and let the bidding go crazy! I guess thats capitalism at it's finest...

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
YETIFIED said:
They just started selling their new pedals and they're going for $$$$!
Looks like he's got a lot of valuable stuff. A few years ago veloculture attempted to pull of a full inventory buy out. He didnt have any luck. I then tried and also had little motivation/cooperation between his then clueless (as to what he was sitting on) son, but it appears now theyre making it happen. Cool pedals.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
hollister said:
I've tried to get parts from him off ebay, no go
you mean like back door deals? We tried before he had started selling off anything. Someone educated him as to what ebay BMXers were willing to pay for NOS Bullseye parts apparently.

Ive seen some neat rectangular Bullseye pedals too.

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
you mean like back door deals? We tried before he had started selling off anything. Someone educated him as to what ebay BMXers were willing to pay for NOS Bullseye parts apparently.

Ive seen some neat rectangular Bullseye pedals too.
asked if he had certain stuff left over in the hoard(BB's) that he would like to sell

why are vintage bmx guys going nuts over a new pedal?

·
McNears-DTB Schooner
496 Posts
I think it's a bull _hit business practice. If he claims that they never went out of business and are now producing new item (35th Anniversary) pedals etc..., then run it like a legit business, offer your product to everyone outside of ebay for realistic high end part costs. People paying the out of this world prices for "limited production old stock" parts are nuts. He can simply re-tool and fabricate new inventory stating it is limited old. People need to wake up!

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
salsa-luma said:
I think it's a bull _hit business practice. If he claims that they never went out of business and are now producing new item (35th Anniversary) pedals etc..., then run it like a legit business, offer your product to everyone outside of ebay for realistic high end part costs. People paying the out of this world prices for "limited production old stock" parts are nuts. He can simply re-tool and fabricate new inventory stating it is limited old. People need to wake up!
sing it on the mountain brother

·
He be a moose too.
2,174 Posts
Some weeks, months? ago I ordered a set of hubs from Bullseye. About six weeks later they arrived but were unsatisfactory. They were different style front/rear with different styles in terms of finish, one was quick release, one was bolt-on, and they were shop worn. I called them up and Roger Durham said without hesitation to send them back. Six weeks later they hadn't sent new ones and I called again. It turns out that his son, Sanford, had essentially taken over.

Sanford apologized for this and told me he had been hospitalized for over a month and hadn't been in the shop. He had to have someone write down the details for him as he was unable to write after the recent health issues, so it must have been serious. The person who helped me out said that Sanford was trying his best to catch up but the original owner, Roger, didn't care anymore. He seemed interested in taking care of me. It's been about a week since then, so when I'll get the hubs, I don't know. I'll probably call him next week and see. That's all the information I can give you.

·
Fat City Michael
606 Posts
I had ordered a set of hub axles from Roger Durham himself via Telephone sometime in 2006 and he was extremely friendly and told me to send him a personal check for $20.00 (@ $10 per axle) to his old Burbank address, which was cashed immediately, but I never received any axles. I called Roger and spoke with him at least 3 times afterwards and each time we spoke Roger was always very nice but it was always as if we were speaking for the first time and he apologized again and said that my axles would go out but I never got anything from him.
I eventually spoke with someone else who said he was Roger's son named Stanford (?), who also said that he would look into this and send me the axles but still nothing...then the phone # in Burbank was disconnected and I gave up hope until I saw the stuff on eBay, so I recently e-mailed the address that's listed on eBay and just for kicks asked if they're affiliated in any way with Roger and his old business and can someone please possibly just send me the axles that I paid for 2 years ago and a friendly guy e-mailed me back like 20 mins later said that he indeed worked for Stan and Roger and said that "Roger is almost 83 and his memory isnt the greatest" and that they have literally hundreds of different types hubs that he needed to go through in order to find exactly what I was looking for and it's only been about a week and a half since that e-mail so I'll let everyone know if I finally receive my Bullseye axles...Otherwise I sent another message asking about 135mm MTB hubs and got no further answer...The "older" NOS rectangular pedals look cool as I remeber them and the newer round ones look even cooler, but they sure are rather priceY!!

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Which begs the question...is it safe to purchase from them?

I'm sure the poor customer service is not because of malice or not caring, but between high demand and inconsistent product fulfillment...risky bet.

Would have been cool if someone cleaned out all inventory to disseminate to the masses.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.