Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My bike was -TWO- Wheels!
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reccomendation on a E type FD and BB

I have the stock one that came with my bike that is sub par. I had to grind a amount off of it to fit a 44T chainring.

Requirements

Can handle a 44T chainring
E-Type
Not $35+
Shifts half decent

Also, do I need a E-Type BB?

·
Registered
725 Posts
There's only one choice for e-type front deraileurs. SHIMANO. As far as $35.00 goes, they used to make it in Xt, & Xtr flavors, now i *think* all they make is XT (if they still do). I'd check e-bay, cause I bet they're not cheap.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
What cable pull do you need?

Does your bike need top or bottom cable pull? What kind of bike is this going on? Is it E-type specific? If not, I've found that normal band clamp derailleurs generally work better than E-types if you can use them. That said, I have an E-type XT bottom pull that I would let gor for cheap.

And yes, you do need an E-type BB too.

·
Live 2 Ride
6,184 Posts
If I remember correctly I could have mounted a band type (regular) front derailluer on my DS3 - and yes it was the exact same model as yours. I got rid of it because it was to heavy.

·
My bike was -TWO- Wheels!
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kona0197 said:
If I remember correctly I could have mounted a band type (regular) front derailluer on my DS3 - and yes it was the exact same model as yours. I got rid of it because it was to heavy.
I thought abotu that, but looking at it I dont think theres any room. It doesnt seem like it will even try to clear my chainrings

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.