Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
XCDude
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm going rigid for my Gary Fisher Rig.

Any recommendation on rigid forks under $200?
I don't have preference for material as long as I can get the lightest within my budget.

Are exotic forks any good?

Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just put an Exotic on my Ferrous. Only a few rides so far, but I love it. About 1.5 pounds lighter than the Instigator it replaced. I bought it direct from Carbon Cycles with free shipping for under $180.

·
Registered
231 Posts
These exotics look the same as the White Bros, but are $100 cheaper. I love mine so far.

Edit: I did a bunch of research before buying these, and the exotic, White Bros, and Sasso, all come from the same factory, have the same 42mm rake, have the same layup of carbon fiber, and have the same crown. I decided that instead of paying extra for a sticker with a name brand on it, I would put that money to better use. Plus the orange stickers on the exotic match my frame better.

So far after about 8 hours of AZ rocky trails, I love these forks.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
After a few rides on my Niner c/f fork I'm in love. Plush and seems strong enough. And, it's LIGHT! I got it from the guys at Speedgoat, who were a pleasure to deal with.

Crap, I though posting a pic from Flickr would be easy enough... what did I miss? Here they are from the local MTBR gallery:

edit- I had read this post a while back and forgot about the $200 limit, sorry. If you decide to blow your budget the Niner forks are for you :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Go cheap and that normally what you get cheap. You will never regret the Niner or White brothers forks. If $$$$$ is a issue Surly or Zion both make great steel forks that ride very nicely and are really inexpensive not cheap.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.