Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Green Machine
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some help from you tire gurus. I'm looking to try some new tires. Currently I have a WTB Weirwolf 2.5 in the front and a WTB Motoraptor 2.4 in the back. Love the Motoraptor, the Weirwolf I only like in certain conditions (softer or damp soil).

I was going to pick up another Motoraptor Competition w/ the DNA rubber, but can't find any in either the 2.4 or 2.24 sizes and I dont' want to go any smaller. (Why didn't I just buy more of these when Performance was selling them for $25! :madman: )

So can anyone tell me either a: where to pick up a motoraptor 2.4 or 2.24 comp at a reputable store.

Or b: a tire similar to the Motoraptor. It needs to be a larger high volume tire, preferably w/ a nice aggressive tread, and also would be nice if it were around $30. Also, I prefer rounder profile tires to square profile.
And yes, I'm picky. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
The 2.24 isn't as tough as the 2.4 if that's a factor. I used to run the 2.4's front and rear but decided to try a 2.24 in the back. I tore the sidewall right away and I also had to run more pressure. I replaced them with Michelin AM 2.2's and was pretty happy. $16 at performance. I've since went to the Kenda Nevegals 2.5F and 2.35R and these are the best so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.