Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a pair of really nice wheels. Very strong, but not very light (saying the least).

They are hadley Hubs, laced onto Old Deemax rims (pre UST)

They are great for DH, really tuff, but I want to loose a bit or weight, and am thinking of either getting some new lighter rims, or just selling them and getting something new with the money.

Hadley Hubs are spankingly good, but how are they weight-wise if i rebuild?

Also, if I sell, how much do you think I can get for the set? They are in excellent condition and have not bee abused.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Hadley hubs aren't....

the lightest available, but they're not the heaviest either. For a bomb proof hub they come in at a reasonable weight. There are XC oriented hubs out there that weigh at least as much. So I'd hang onto them. That's besides when building a lighter wheel a reduction in hub weight is the least noticeable anyway. Your most noticeable difference is going to come from reducing rim, tire, and tube weight if at all possbile. So, unless you really want something different, I'd say stick with the hubs you have as long as they are in good shape and carefully select the other components. With careful rim and spoke selection you should be able to shave at least a couple hundered grams off your wheel weight, and it'll be in an area that will do the most good, the outside circumfrance of the wheel.

Good Dirt

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I'd rebuild with the Hadleys, a good hub's a good hub. Hard to recommend a rim without knowing what you want out of it...mavic.com has a lot of rim details to peruse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.